Ambient.ai is a computer vision intelligence company transforming security operations for large enterprises by preventing security incidents before they happen. Ambient.ai has a globally deployed footprint with several F500 companies. The Ambient.ai platform applies AI and computer vision intelligence to existing sensor and camera infrastructure to deliver physical security monitoring and detect threats in real time. Ambient.ai does this while simultaneously decreasing false alarms by over 95%, allowing security teams to focus on legitimate threats and on rapid response. The future of enterprise physical security is data-driven, intelligent, and proactive. With Ambient.ai, companies can do more with less, while also improving their security posture.
We were founded in 2017 by Shikhar Shrestha and Vikesh Khanna. They are experts in artificial intelligence from Stanford University who previously built iconic products at Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Dropbox. We are a Series-B company backed by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), SV Angel, YCombinator, and investment angels like Jyoti Bansal, Mark Leslie, and Elad Gil.
Named on the YC Top Companies List 2021, 2022, 2023, and the Forbes Cloud 100 Rising Stars 2020, we are turning the impossible into the inevitable. We are always looking for passionate people, who enjoy solving the toughest problems with cutting-edge AI/ML.
The Assistant Controller will have a critical and highly visible role as the accounting leader managing day-to-day financial operations for Ambient.ai. You will be hands-on, and results-driven, and have a major impact on the way processes are built and implemented to support the company’s significant growth trajectory. This role will routinely partner with others across multiple functions ensuring proper alignment with policies and controls for financial reporting in accordance with US GAAP.
The impact you’ll make:
- Lead the execution of the recurring financial month-end close process including preparation of month-end journal entries, reconciliations, and US GAAP reporting, and ensuring completion in an accurate and timely manner
- Own all of the accounting operations, including but not limited to SaaS revenue recognition, specifically ASC 606, deferred revenue, general ledger, AR, fixed assets, AP, accruals, payroll, invoicing, cash management, etc.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls and mitigate risk
- Partner with all departments to implement policies, processes, and systems that facilitate improved operational efficiency and financial controls
- Assist in the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Manage the relationship and activities of the independent public accountant, external tax advisor, and other third-party advisory firms. Work with external audit and tax specialists on various aspects of year-end audit and federal, state, and local tax filing requirements
- Perform ad-hoc projects, as needed
- Build and manage an accounting team as the company grows
The amazing skills you’ll bring to Ambient.ai:
- Bachelor’s degree in business (Accounting/Finance) or related field; CPA is required
- 10+ years of progressive accounting and finance experience; a combination of “Big 4” public accounting and SaaS start-up or publicly traded high tech companies
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP), especially ASC 606 Revenue Recognition; Enterprise contracts experience a plus
- Experience scaling accounting functions and systems for a growth-stage enterprise SaaS startup
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), problem-solving, and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with multiple functional areas in a collaborative, team environment
- Proven ability to meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects, along with “wearing multiple hats” in a fast-paced environment
- Track record of attracting, managing, and developing top talent
- Must be detail-oriented and provide a constant, reliable work product
- Advanced in using Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Quickbooks, Bill.com, and Expensify; Netsuite implementation a plus
Why join us:
- We are creating an entirely new category within a 180+ billion-dollar physical security industry and looking for team members who are also passionate about our mission to prevent every security incident possible
- We have an impressive customer roster of F500 companies including Adobe, VMware, and Linkedin
- Regular Full-time employees receive stock options for the opportunity to share ownership in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health + welfare package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, EAP, Legal Services, 401k plan)
- We offer flexible time off to rest and recharge including Winter Break (time off between Christmas and New Year’s for most roles depending on customer demand)
- The latest tech and awesome swag delivered to your door
- Enjoy a full range of opportunities to connect with your awesome co-workers
- We love to hike, are foodies, and love music! Check out our most recent Ambient Spotify Playlist
We take a market-based approach to pay here at Ambient.ai, and pay may vary depending on multiple factors. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, level, market conditions, and internal parity.
Base salary is just one component of our total rewards package. As a fast-growing start-up, our regular employees are also granted stock options, and an opportunity to succeed when Ambient.ai succeeds. As a young start-up with product market fit, our stock upside is substantial, and a large part of our total rewards strategy.
*The pay scale below represents the starting base salary range we expect to pay for this position, and is subject to change:
SF Bay Area: $180,000
*From time to time, we may decide to make an offer to a candidate that is either leveled below or above this role based on skills, experience, and interview performance.
Ambient.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ambient does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Ambient is an E-Verify participant.