Ambient.ai is a computer vision intelligence company transforming security operations for large enterprises by preventing security incidents before they happen. Ambient.ai has a globally deployed footprint with several F500 companies. The Ambient.ai platform applies AI and computer vision intelligence to existing sensor and camera infrastructure to deliver physical security monitoring and detect threats in real-time. Ambient.ai does this while simultaneously decreasing false alarms by over 95%, allowing security teams to focus on legitimate threats and on rapid response. The future of enterprise physical security is data-driven, intelligent, and proactive. With Ambient.ai, companies can do more with less, while also improving their security posture.
We were founded in 2017 by Shikhar Shrestha and Vikesh Khanna. They are experts in artificial intelligence from Stanford University who previously built iconic products at Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Dropbox. We are a Series-B company backed by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), SV Angel, YCombinator, and investment angels like Jyoti Bansal, Mark Leslie, and Elad Gil.
Named on the YC Top Companies List 2021, 2022, 2023 and the Forbes Cloud 100 Rising Stars 2020, we are turning the impossible into the inevitable. We are always looking for passionate people, who enjoy solving the toughest problems with cutting-edge AI/ML.
In this role, you will report to Kiran Palan and will be part of a team of passionate, talented engineers that are building products that are reshaping the physical security industry. As a member of the Frontend Engineering team, you will work with product managers and designers closely in developing overall concepts of new features and products while supporting the growth of current features. You will also participate in talking to users, brainstorming with your peers and cross functional groups and being a development owner of a major value driver for the company. You will have an active part in measuring and owning the success, quality and experience of the product.
The impact you’ll make:
- Implement customer facing UI that is intuitive, simple and delightful to solve mission critical problems.
- Drive product roadmap and take ownership of several core components of the product.
- Collaborate with UI/UX design, product managers and engineering to solve challenging usability problems and create product features that drive customer value.
- Rapidly learn new web technologies to improve usability and performance.
- Develop processes to elevate engineering quality and efficiency and improve the architecture and organization of the code.
- Mentor junior team members and foster them to become high functioning ICs that can grow with the organization
- Help determine the vision and goals for what frontend is at Ambient.ai
- Some examples of projects you can contribute to include: Revamping our Video Stream Player UI
- Improving our code deployment pipeline
- Rebuilding our Investigative Search feature
- Maintaining our UI component library
- Building data visualization tooling
The amazing skills you’ll bring to Ambient.ai:
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field with a least 3 years of experience building intuitive, fast and real-time web applications.
- Solid understanding of the modern frontend technology stack, including MVC frameworks like React.js, Ember.js, Vue.js. Must have a deep understanding of the underlying DOM as well.
- Experience building real-time (for e.g. using WebSockets) and cross-platform web applications.
- Familiarity with backend engineering.
Why join us:
- We are creating an entirely new category within a 180+ billion-dollar physical security industry and looking for team members who are also passionate about our mission to prevent every security incident possible
- We have an impressive customer roster of F500 companies including Adobe, VMware, and Linkedin
- Regular Full-time employees receive stock options for the opportunity to share ownership in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health + welfare package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, EAP, Legal Services, 401k plan)
- We offer flexible time off to rest and recharge including Winter Break (time off between Christmas and New Year’s for most roles depending on customer demand)
- The latest tech and awesome swag delivered to your door
- Enjoy a full range of opportunities to connect with your awesome co-workers
- We love to hike, are foodies, and love music! Check out our most recent Ambient Spotify Playlist
We take a market-based approach to pay here at Ambient.ai, and pay may vary depending on multiple factors. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, level, market conditions, and internal parity.
Base salary is just one component of our total rewards package. As a fast-growing start-up, our regular employees are also granted stock options, and an opportunity to succeed when Ambient.ai succeeds. As a young start-up with product market fit, our stock upside is substantial, and a large part of our total rewards strategy.
The pay scale below represents the starting base salary range we expect to pay for this position, and is subject to change*:
SF Bay Area: $149,000 - $175,000
*From time to time, we may decide to make an offer to a candidate that is either leveled below or above this role based on skills, experience, and interview performance.
Ambient.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ambient does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Ambient is an E-Verify participant.