Ambient.ai is a computer vision intelligence company transforming security operations for large enterprises by preventing security incidents before they happen. Ambient.ai has a globally deployed footprint with several F500 companies. The Ambient.ai platform applies AI and computer vision intelligence to existing sensor and camera infrastructure to deliver physical security monitoring and detect threats in real-time. Ambient.ai does this while simultaneously decreasing false alarms by over 95%, allowing security teams to focus on legitimate threats and on rapid response. The future of enterprise physical security is data-driven, intelligent, and proactive. With Ambient.ai, companies can do more with less, while also improving their security posture.
We were founded in 2017 by Shikhar Shrestha and Vikesh Khanna. They are experts in artificial intelligence from Stanford University who previously built iconic products at Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Dropbox. We are a Series-B company backed by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), SV Angel, YCombinator, and investment angels like Jyoti Bansal, Mark Leslie, and Elad Gil.
Named on the YC Top Companies List 2021, 2022, 2023 and the Forbes Cloud 100 Rising Stars 2020, we are turning the impossible into the inevitable. We are always looking for passionate people, who enjoy solving the toughest problems with cutting-edge AI/ML.
Working closely with Ben Goeing as a Software Engineer in the Special Projects group, you will get a unique opportunity to work on new industry-defining applications in the Smart Building space. In this cross-functional role, you will get broad exposure to other engineering stakeholders, business teams, and customers. Specifically, you will build prototypes for new applications, closely work with the customer and our internal business teams to assess their performance and impact, and help to bring these prototypes to production.
The impact you'll make:
- Build integration software for Ambient’s core platform that may run on the cloud or on our forward-deployed edge IoT servers
- Effectively leverage 3rd party APIs to ingest various additional data sources into Ambient.ai’s core platform
- Partner with other engineering stakeholders on design & architecture to effectively integrate new data sources into the core product
- Partner with customer success teams to support the implementation of integrations at new customer sites
- Build tools for monitoring the health and reliability of integrations deployed in the field
The amazing skills you'll bring to Ambient.ai:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field with a strong programming background
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies and rapidly build domain and product knowledge
- Minimum 3+ years of experience shipping enterprise-grade software
- Proficiency in at least one major programming language (Python, GO,C++ will be preferred) used at backend
- Familiarity with computer networks and related technologies such as HTTP Requests
- Experience with common database systems such as MySQL and the ability to write efficient SQL queries
- Experience with REST OR GraphQL APIs.
- A good understanding of multi-threading, concurrency, and operating systems fundamentals desired
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Strong desire to solve challenging problems, learn new things and wear many hats as part of an early-stage company
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
Why join us:
- We are creating an entirely new category within a 180+ billion-dollar physical security industry and looking for team members who are also passionate about our mission to prevent every security incident possible
- We have an impressive customer roster of Fortune 500 companies including Adobe, VMware, and Linkedin
- Regular Full-time employees receive stock options for the opportunity to share ownership in the success of our company
- We offer flexible time off to rest and recharge including Winter Break (time off between Christmas and New Year’s for most roles depending on customer demand)
- The latest tech and awesome swag delivered to your door
- Enjoy a full range of opportunities to connect with your awesome co-workers
Ambient.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ambient does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Ambient is an E-Verify participant.