Ambient.ai is a computer vision intelligence company transforming security operations for large enterprises by preventing security incidents before they happen. Ambient.ai has a globally deployed footprint with several F500 companies. The Ambient.ai platform applies AI and computer vision intelligence to existing sensor and camera infrastructure to deliver physical security monitoring and detect threats in real-time. Ambient.ai does this while simultaneously decreasing false alarms by over 95%, allowing security teams to focus on legitimate threats and on rapid response. The future of enterprise physical security is data-driven, intelligent, and proactive. With Ambient.ai, companies can do more with less, while also improving their security posture.
We were founded in 2017 by Shikhar Shrestha and Vikesh Khanna. They are experts in artificial intelligence from Stanford University who previously built iconic products at Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Dropbox. We are a Series-B company backed by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), SV Angel, YCombinator, and investment angels like Jyoti Bansal, Mark Leslie, and Elad Gil.
Named on the YC Top Companies List 2021, 2022, 2023 and the Forbes Cloud 100 Rising Stars 2020, we are turning the impossible into the inevitable. We are always looking for passionate people, who enjoy solving the toughest problems with cutting-edge AI/ML.
Working under the leadership of Kiran Palan and Vikesh Khanna as a Backend Product Engineer, you will help build the product backend for one of the most promising products for the physical security industry. You will lead on multiple fronts from design sprints and customer conversations to building the services for a scaling product. The work spans from building new experiences for our users from the ground up and improving on existing one
The impact you'll make:
- Brainstorm solutions and then pitch, plan, measure, and implement them in an iterative fashion
- Create leverage for all of product engineering through your work on services, abstractions, and architecture
- Implement REST and GraphQL APIs for clients
- Design and implement available and fault-tolerant microservices and scalable databases to power web applications
- Improve the performance, reliability, and scalability of all backend services and front-end clients.
- Develop delightful product features end to end
- Develop fault-tolerant build systems for web applications
- Work with frontend engineers to integrate with UI and improve the product experience
The amazing skills you'll bring to Ambient.ai:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field with a strong programming background
- At least 5+ years of experience building scalable and available web services
- Expertise in REST or GraphQL and general web backend design principles
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL / Postgres) and optimizing database queries
- Strong experience with Python, Go, C++ or any another programming language used on the backend
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient algorithms using proper data structures
- Design and implement complex systems (including a real-time WebSocket system, and communication systems)
Why join us:
- We are creating an entirely new category within a 180+ billion-dollar physical security industry and looking for team members who are also passionate about our mission to prevent every security incident possible
- We have an impressive customer roster of F500 companies including Adobe, VMware, and Linkedin
- Regular Full-time employees receive stock options for the opportunity to share ownership in the success of our company
- We offer generous time off to rest and recharge including Winter Break (time off between Christmas and New Year’s for most roles depending on customer demand)
- Enjoy a full range of opportunities to connect with your awesome co-workers
Ambient.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ambient does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Ambient is an E-Verify participant.