- Lead current product engineering team, which includes front-end, Mobile, and backend developers
- Design, guide, and vet systems design within the scope of the broader area related to product development
- Scale the current team and hire and onboard new team members and develop a high-performing team of software engineers
- Be highly technical, a hands-on coder and an effective people coach
- Ensure high technical standards by instituting processes (architecture reviews, testing) and culture (engineering excellence)
- Give your team the tools, context, confidence, and motivation to make decisions effectively and independently
- People management: Set clear expectations with individuals based on their level and role while meeting regularly with individuals to discuss performance and development and provide feedback and coaching
The amazing skills you'll bring to Ambient.ai:
- 4+ years of engineering management experience with a proven ability to build awesome, high-performing teams and lead complex technical initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical degree
- Experience driving architecture and product decisions and shipping products with consistent execution
- Proficient in full-stack design principles and be able to lead code architecture and implementation decisions
- Comfortable coaching team members with different skill sets and technical areas of focus and expertise
- Understands and has led agile software development and management
- Organized and thrive in rapid-paced environments
Why join us:
- We are creating an entirely new category within a 180+ billion-dollar physical security industry and looking for team members who are also passionate about our mission to prevent every security incident possible
- We have an impressive customer roster of F500 companies, including Adobe, VMware, and Linkedin
- Regular Full-time employees receive stock options for the opportunity to share ownership in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health + welfare package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, EAP, Legal Services, 401k plan)
- We offer flexible time off to rest and recharge, including Winter Break (time off between Christmas and New Year’s for most roles depending on customer demand)
- The latest tech and awesome swag will be delivered to your door
- Enjoy a full range of opportunities to connect with your awesome co-workers
- We love to hike, are foodies, and love music! Check out our most recent Ambient Spotify Playlist
We take a market-based approach to pay here at Ambient.ai, and pay may vary depending on multiple factors. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, level, market conditions, and internal parity.
Base salary is just one component of our total rewards package. As a fast-growing start-up, our regular employees are also granted stock options, and an opportunity to succeed when Ambient.ai succeeds. As a young start-up with product market fit, our stock upside is substantial, and a large part of our total rewards strategy.
The pay scale below represents the starting base salary range we expect to pay for this position, and is subject to change*:
SF Bay Area: $155,000 - $220,000
*From time to time, we may decide to make an offer to a candidate that is either leveled below or above this role based on skills, experience, and interview performance.
Ambient.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ambient does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Ambient is an E-Verify participant.