We are a hybrid, remote-friendly culture, with our company headquarters based in San Francisco. Candidates anywhere in the US are encouraged to apply.
Ambience Healthcare is building the AI operating system for healthcare, with the mission of supercharging healthcare workers with AI superpowers.
Over the past several years, healthcare organizations and health systems have been approaching a critical turning point: workforce shortages and clinician burnout are at an all-time high, cutting into already-razor-thin margins and posing critical operational challenges. Organizations are finding themselves under immense pressure to address burnout and increase access to care, all while maintaining profitability despite declining reimbursement rates.
Until now, they have been unable to find any viable solutions to this productivity and morale crisis.
Ambience Healthcare was founded after 2.5 years of R&D in large language model (LLM) technology to address one of the most impactful productivity opportunities in healthcare: clinical documentation. The most painful part of a clinician’s day consists of hours of late-night administrative work, writing detailed documentation in the medical record for each of their visits. The contents of each medical note are critical for reimbursement, compliance, downstream clinical quality measures, and for other care team members to understand what happened to each patient.
Ambience's flagship product, Ambience AutoScribe, is a best-in-class AI medical scribe that captures the nuances of clinician-patient conversation in real-time into comprehensive medical documentation within the EMR. On average, Ambience saves 16+ hours of tedious note-taking per clinician per week. Today, AutoScribe is available across 18+ specialties and is used by clinicians at leading healthcare organizations for every single one of their shifts.
For the first time in years, clinicians are able to get home on time for dinner without any documentation homework. And as a result, they now refuse to practice without AutoScribe.
As we experience unprecedented pull from the market for our products, we’re actively expanding our team of world-class talent across sales, marketing, product, engineering, clinical, and customer success functions.
At Ambience, you’ll be surrounded by an exceptional team of A-players who are kind, humble, curious, and deeply aligned with the core mission of improving the lives of clinicians and their patients, including:
- 2nd-time founders in healthcare who previously built a virtual care platform
- the author of a leading deep learning textbook
- co-founder of Cruise’s ML platform team
- co-founder of Rev.com’s automated speech recognition team
- Former principal architect at Palantir
- Founder of Reddit's web platform team
- former Head of Growth from a leading tech-enabled primary care group
As the GTM Recruiting Manager, your mission will be to build a world class team as Ambience grows from 25 to 100+ people, with a specific focus on building our go-to-market function from the ground up. In many cases, you’ll be responsible for hiring the first team member of an entire division, meaning that you’ll have an opportunity to have a massive impact on Ambience’s trajectory and organizational culture.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with Hiring Managers and executive team to align on the ideal candidate profiles for each priority role
- Source and connect with the best candidates for the role, even if they’re not actively looking
- Design the interview processes to identify, evaluate, and close top tier, stage appropriate talent who would be a good fit for Ambience’s culture
- Manage several role pipelines in parallel, maintaining strong communication and organization with Hiring Managers and the leadership team
- Work with external search firms to assist with sourcing, and ensure that they’re well calibrated
- Operate as a player-coach, supporting the growth of the recruiting function as the talent needs of the company scale
- Assume some interim People & HR responsibilities, including onboarding and company offsites.
Who You Are
- This position is ideal for someone with 4+ years of experience in recruiting for Series A & Series B companies, and who is excited to assemble a world-class team in an entrepreneurial, mission-driven environment.
- You have a demonstrated ability for hiring “first-of” candidates who are driven, high agency, and culturally aligned (especially world class GTM talent)
- You are able to solve problems from first principles to source the best candidates, scale our ability to sell them, and evaluate them effectively
- You deeply understand what motivates the best talent on the market, and know how to position Ambience as the ideal place for them to establish their career legacy
- You have a knack for communicating the value of equity, while also screening out mercenaries and rocketship-chasers
- You have a demonstrated ability to resourcefully drive outsized outcomes, even on accelerated timelines and with startup-level resources
- You have demonstrated the ability to thrive in environments with high levels of complexity, uncertainty, and ambiguity
- You have a track record of successfully coaching and growing junior recruiters and/or coordinators
- You are willing to travel to key conferences
The base compensation range for the role is: $140,000 - $170,000 based on leveling and desired cash/equity split. Philosophically, we lean towards generous equity grants so that our team truly gets to share in the impact they create.
Are you outside of the range? We encourage you to still apply: we take an individualized approach to ensure that compensation accounts for all of the life factors that matter for each candidate.
Being at Ambience:
- An opportunity to work with cutting edge AI technology, on a product that dramatically improves the quality of life for healthcare providers and the quality of care they can provide to their patients
- Dedicated budget for personal development, including access to world class mentors, advisors, and an in-house executive coach
- Work alongside a world-class, diverse team that is deeply mission aligned
- Ownership over your success and the ability to significantly impact the growth of our company
- Competitive salary and equity compensation with benefits including health, dental, and vision coverage, paid maternity/paternity leave, quarterly retreats, unlimited PTO, and a 401(k) plan
We’re fortunate to be backed by:
- Top-tier venture firms: Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and Human Capital
- The best minds in AI: OpenAI Startup Fund, Jeff Dean, Richard Socher, Pieter Abbeel, AIX Ventures, and others
- Healthcare industry leaders: Optum Ventures, Martin Ventures, the Frist family, Randy Parker, Anne Wojcicki, Jay Desai, Nish Bhat, Eren Bali, and others