We are a hybrid, remote-friendly culture, with our company headquarters based in San Francisco. Candidates anywhere in the US are encouraged to apply.
Ambience Healthcare is building the AI operating system for healthcare, with the mission of supercharging healthcare workers with AI superpowers.
Over the past several years, healthcare organizations and health systems have been approaching a critical turning point: workforce shortages and clinician burnout are at an all-time high, cutting into already-razor-thin margins and posing critical operational challenges. Organizations are finding themselves under immense pressure to address burnout and increase access to care, all while maintaining profitability despite declining reimbursement rates.
Until now, they have been unable to find any viable solutions to this productivity and morale crisis.
Ambience Healthcare was founded after 2.5 years of R&D in large language model (LLM) technology to address one of the most impactful productivity opportunities in healthcare: clinical documentation. The most painful part of a clinician’s day consists of hours of late-night administrative work, writing detailed documentation in the medical record for each of their visits. The contents of each medical note are critical for reimbursement, compliance, downstream clinical quality measures, and for other care team members to understand what happened to each patient.
Ambience's flagship product, Ambience AutoScribe, is a best-in-class AI medical scribe that captures the nuances of clinician-patient conversation in real-time into comprehensive medical documentation within the EMR. On average, Ambience saves 16+ hours of tedious note-taking per clinician per week. Today, AutoScribe is available across 18+ specialties and is used by clinicians at leading healthcare organizations for every single one of their shifts.
For the first time in years, clinicians are able to get home on time for dinner without any documentation homework. And as a result, they now refuse to practice without AutoScribe.
As we experience unprecedented pull from the market for our products, we’re actively expanding our team of world-class talent across sales, marketing, product, engineering, clinical, and customer success functions.
At Ambience, you’ll be surrounded by an exceptional team of A-players who are kind, humble, curious, and deeply aligned with the core mission of improving the lives of clinicians and their patients, including:
- 2nd-time founders in healthcare who previously built a virtual care platform
- the author of a leading deep learning textbook
- co-founder of Cruise’s ML platform team
- co-founder of Rev.com’s automated speech recognition team
- Former principal architect at Palantir
- Founder of Reddit's web platform team
- former Head of Growth from a leading tech-enabled primary care group
As our Talent & People Lead, your mission will be to build a world-class team and culture that will form the foundation for Ambience for years to come. In the first 6 months, you’ll be focused on on building out our go-to-market team to accelerate our traction amongst both SMB & enterprise health system customers. In many cases, you’ll be responsible for hiring the first team member of an entire function. As the organization continues to scale, you’ll partner closely with the founders to establish Ambience’s executive team, grow the recruiting & people functions, and continue to maintain a high culture & talent bar for new hires.
What You’ll Do
- Partner closely with the founders to set quarterly hiring roadmap for the company
- Identify, define, and execute on the 10-15 high priority roles for the next 6 months, with a specific focus on go-to-market functions
- Establish recruiting systems and rituals to effectively source, evaluate, and close top tier candidates
- Decide when to engage external search firms to assist with sourcing, and ensure that they’re well calibrated
- Work closely with the founders to establish Ambience’s executive team
- Advise new hiring managers to effectively evaluate and close top tier talent
- Build Ambience’s talent brand through online content, shareable assets, and a strong conference presence
- Manage & grow our in-house recruiting function to scale with the hiring needs of the company
- Assume People & HR responsibilities, including onboarding, offsites, and performance reviews
Who you are
- This position is ideal for someone, with 8+ years of experience in talent acquisition and 2+ years of experience growing & leading talent acquisition teams, who is looking to stand up and own the recruiting & people functions at a Series A stage company
- You have a track record of growing companies from Series A stage through to Series C and beyond (growing from 25 people to 100+ people)
- You have a demonstrated ability for hiring “first-of” candidates who are driven, high agency, and culturally aligned (especially world class GTM talent)
- You are able to solve problems from first principles to source the best candidates, scale our ability to sell them, and evaluate them effectively
- You deeply understand what motivates the best talent on the market, and know how to position Ambience as the ideal place for them to establish their career legacy
- You’re an exceptional leader who is willing to roll up your sleeves to do some IC work (especially over the next 6-12 months)
- You have a knack for communicating the value of equity, while also screening out mercenaries and rocketship-chasers
- You’re skilled at discerning how to hone hiring resources and focus on what matters for the company, and not just the loudest hiring managers
- You’re able to coach first-time hiring managers to effectively evaluate, sell, and close candidates in the recruiting process
- You’re a strong leader, with a track record of hiring, coaching, and managing high performance talent acquisition teams
The base compensation range for the role is: $180,000 - $250,000 based on leveling and desired cash/equity split. Philosophically, we lean towards generous equity grants so that our team truly gets to share in the impact they create.
Are you outside of the range? We encourage you to still apply: we take an individualized approach to ensure that compensation accounts for all of the life factors that matter for each candidate.
Being at Ambience:
- An opportunity to work with cutting edge AI technology, on a product that dramatically improves the quality of life for healthcare providers and the quality of care they can provide to their patients
- Dedicated budget for personal development, including access to world class mentors, advisors, and an in-house executive coach
- Work alongside a world-class, diverse team that is deeply mission aligned
- Ownership over your success and the ability to significantly impact the growth of our company
- Competitive salary and equity compensation with benefits including health, dental, and vision coverage, paid maternity/paternity leave, quarterly retreats, unlimited PTO, and a 401(k) plan
We’re fortunate to be backed by:
- Top-tier venture firms: Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and Human Capital
- The best minds in AI: OpenAI Startup Fund, Jeff Dean, Richard Socher, Pieter Abbeel, AIX Ventures, and others
- Healthcare industry leaders: Optum Ventures, Martin Ventures, the Frist family, Randy Parker, Anne Wojcicki, Jay Desai, Nish Bhat, Eren Bali, and others