We are a hybrid, remote-friendly culture, with our company headquarters based in San Francisco. Candidates anywhere in the US are encouraged to apply.
Ambience Healthcare is building the AI operating system for healthcare, with the mission of supercharging healthcare workers with AI superpowers.
Over the past several years, healthcare organizations and health systems have been approaching a critical turning point: workforce shortages and clinician burnout are at an all-time high, cutting into already-razor-thin margins and posing critical operational challenges. Organizations are finding themselves under immense pressure to address burnout and increase access to care, all while maintaining profitability despite declining reimbursement rates.
Until now, they have been unable to find any viable solutions to this productivity and morale crisis.
Ambience Healthcare was founded after 2.5 years of R&D in large language model (LLM) technology to address one of the most impactful productivity opportunities in healthcare: clinical documentation. The most painful part of a clinician’s day consists of hours of late-night administrative work, writing detailed documentation in the medical record for each of their visits. The contents of each medical note are critical for reimbursement, compliance, downstream clinical quality measures, and for other care team members to understand what happened to each patient.
Ambience's flagship product, Ambience AutoScribe, is a best-in-class AI medical scribe that captures the nuances of clinician-patient conversation in real-time into comprehensive medical documentation within the EMR. On average, Ambience saves 16+ hours of tedious note-taking per clinician per week. Today, AutoScribe is available across 18+ specialties and is used by clinicians at leading healthcare organizations for every single one of their shifts.
For the first time in years, clinicians are able to get home on time for dinner without any documentation homework. And as a result, they now refuse to practice without AutoScribe.
As we experience unprecedented pull from the market for our products, we’re actively expanding our team of world-class talent across sales, marketing, product, engineering, clinical, and customer success functions.
At Ambience, you’ll be surrounded by an exceptional team of A-players who are kind, humble, curious, and deeply aligned with the core mission of improving the lives of clinicians and their patients, including:
- 2nd-time founders in healthcare who previously built a virtual care platform
- the author of a leading deep learning textbook
- co-founder of Cruise’s ML platform team
- co-founder of Rev.com’s automated speech recognition team
- Former principal architect at Palantir
- Founder of Reddit's web platform team
- former Head of Growth from a leading tech-enabled primary care group
As Strategic Client Advisory Lead, your mission will be to quantify and articulate value creation opportunities for client organizations leveraging Ambience’s generative AI products.
Your goal in the first six months will be to develop a deep understanding of our enterprise clients that enables you to build and articulate compelling operating models of how their organizations should leverage generative AI.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct research to understand the care models and business models of Ambience’s current clients, potential clients, and potential partner organizations
- Identify the key value drivers of Ambience’s core technology and adjacent products for our clients and partners
- Advise senior executive leadership of partnered health systems on the core operating model of how they should deploy generative AI solutions
- Work directly with Ambience’s CEO and executive team on ad-hoc, high-priority modeling projects that will shape the company’s key decisions
Who You Are:
- You have 3+ years of Management Consulting, Investment Banking, and/or Private Equity experience working with complex enterprise software companies (healthcare/health-tech domain experience a plus)
- You have strong modeling skills and the ability to uncover the core business model of organizations across the healthcare industry
- You have past experience with (or ability to learn quickly) the decision-making process within health systems and large provider groups
- You have a demonstrated ability to resourcefully drive outsized outcomes, even on accelerated timelines and with startup-level resources
- You have demonstrated the ability to thrive in environments with high levels of complexity, uncertainty, and ambiguity
- You’re capable of processing complex situations and synthesizing clear frameworks to enable the team to make effective decisions
- You’re able to coordinate internal and external stakeholders through proactive written and verbal communication
- You have demonstrated the ability to own the execution of ideas from inception through to successful outcomes
- You are a low-ego team player who prioritizes co-discovering the best ideas, even if they’re not your ideas
- You value being a kind, encouraging, and supportive teammate to others
Not sure if you meet all of the qualifications? We don’t expect every candidate to have done everything listed above, but you should be able to make a credible case that you meet most of the criteria and are ready for the challenge of adding new technologies to your résumé.
$140,000-$175,000 base salary based on leveling and desired cash/equity split. Philosophically, we lean towards generous equity grants so that our team truly gets to share in the impact they create.
Are you outside of the range? We encourage you to still apply: we take an individualized approach to ensure that compensation accounts for all of the life factors that matter for each candidate.
Being at Ambience:
- An opportunity to work with cutting edge AI technology, on a product that dramatically improves the quality of life for healthcare providers and the quality of care they can provide to their patients
- Dedicated budget for personal development, including access to world class mentors, advisors, and an in-house executive coach
- Work alongside a world-class, diverse team that is deeply mission aligned
- Ownership over your success and the ability to significantly impact the growth of our company
- Competitive salary and equity compensation with benefits including health, dental, and vision coverage, paid maternity/paternity leave, quarterly retreats, unlimited PTO, and a 401(k) plan
We’re fortunate to be backed by:
- Top-tier venture firms: Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and Human Capital
- The best minds in AI: OpenAI Startup Fund, Jeff Dean, Richard Socher, Pieter Abbeel, AIX Ventures, and others
- Healthcare industry leaders: Optum Ventures, Martin Ventures, the Frist family, Randy Parker, Anne Wojcicki, Jay Desai, Nish Bhat, Eren Bali, and others