We are a hybrid, remote-friendly culture, with our company headquarters based in San Francisco. Candidates anywhere in the US are encouraged to apply.
Ambience Healthcare is building the AI operating system for healthcare, with the mission of supercharging healthcare workers with AI superpowers.
Over the past several years, healthcare organizations and health systems have been approaching a critical turning point: workforce shortages and clinician burnout are at an all-time high, cutting into already-razor-thin margins and posing critical operational challenges. Organizations are finding themselves under immense pressure to address burnout and increase access to care, all while maintaining profitability despite declining reimbursement rates.
Until now, they have been unable to find any viable solutions to this productivity and morale crisis.
Ambience Healthcare was founded after 2.5 years of R&D in large language model (LLM) technology to address one of the most impactful productivity opportunities in healthcare: clinical documentation. The most painful part of a clinician’s day consists of hours of late-night administrative work, writing detailed documentation in the medical record for each of their visits. The contents of each medical note are critical for reimbursement, compliance, downstream clinical quality measures, and for other care team members to understand what happened to each patient.
Ambience's flagship product, Ambience AutoScribe, is a best-in-class AI medical scribe that captures the nuances of clinician-patient conversation in real-time into comprehensive medical documentation within the EMR. On average, Ambience saves 16+ hours of tedious note-taking per clinician per week. Today, AutoScribe is available across 18+ specialties and is used by clinicians at leading healthcare organizations for every single one of their shifts.
For the first time in years, clinicians are able to get home on time for dinner without any documentation homework. And as a result, they now refuse to practice without AutoScribe.
As we experience unprecedented pull from the market for our products, we’re actively expanding our team of world-class talent across sales, marketing, product, engineering, clinical, and customer success functions.
At Ambience, you’ll be surrounded by an exceptional team of A-players who are kind, humble, curious, and deeply aligned with the core mission of improving the lives of clinicians and their patients, including:
- 2nd-time founders in healthcare who previously built a virtual care platform
- the author of a leading deep learning textbook
- co-founder of Cruise’s ML platform team
- co-founder of Rev.com’s automated speech recognition team
- Former principal architect at Palantir
- Founder of Reddit's web platform team
- former Head of Growth from a leading tech-enabled primary care group
Ambience has deployed a product that saves providers meaningful time each week, is significantly better than any market alternatives, and drives 10X+ ROI.
As a Sales Executive, your mission will be to prospect, nurture, and close net new business in the ambulatory space.
What You’ll Do:
- Successfully run a full-cycle sales process, prospecting leads, booking and owning discovery calls, running product demos, negotiating terms, and inking contracts
- Cleanly articulate the value proposition and ROI of Ambience’s suite of AI products to clinical and non-clinical executive stakeholders
- Work closely with the marketing team to accelerate priority accounts through the sales process across channels encompassing tradeshows and events, paid advertising, and other marketing campaigns
- Establish credibility and trust with providers and healthcare executives by demonstrating strong business acumen and understanding of clinical workflows
- Collaborate with the leadership team to identify key insights from sales feedback loops
Who You Are:
- You have 4-6+ years of B2B Sales Executive, Account Executive, or Net New Business Sales experience in a start-up environment
- You have direct experience within the Medical Scribing solution space or a related product field is a plus
- You have a background in closing net new business with deals that represent significant software purchases for customers in complex industries
- You have a demonstrated ability to tighten sales cycles from first meeting to contract inked
- You have a demonstrated ability to resourcefully drive outsized outcomes, even on accelerated timelines and with startup-level resources
- You have a demonstrated ability to thrive in environments with high levels of complexity, uncertainty, and ambiguity
- You have past experience with (or ability to quickly learn) the decision-making process within provider organizations
- You have the ability to articulate the value Ambience generates to multiple stakeholders within the decision-making unit, from the individual provider through to the clinical leader through to the financial decision-maker
- You have the ability to execute a pre, during, and post-event and conference sales strategy
- You are willing to travel (approximately 6-8 conferences and events per year)
Not sure if you meet all of the qualifications? We don’t expect every candidate to have done everything listed above, but you should be able to make a credible case that you meet most of the criteria and are ready for the challenge of adding new technologies to your résumé.
$100,000-$125,000 base salary, OTE of $420,000 and the addition of significant equity.
Are you outside of the range? We encourage you to still apply: we take an individualized approach to ensure that compensation accounts for all of the life factors that matter for each candidate.
Being at Ambience:
- An opportunity to work with cutting edge AI technology, on a product that dramatically improves the quality of life for healthcare providers and the quality of care they can provide to their patients
- Dedicated budget for personal development, including access to world class mentors, advisors, and an in-house executive coach
- Work alongside a world-class, diverse team that is deeply mission aligned
- Ownership over your success and the ability to significantly impact the growth of our company
- Competitive salary and equity compensation with benefits including health, dental, and vision coverage, paid maternity/paternity leave, quarterly retreats, unlimited PTO, and a 401(k) plan
We’re fortunate to be backed by:
- Top-tier venture firms: Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and Human Capital
- The best minds in AI: OpenAI Startup Fund, Jeff Dean, Richard Socher, Pieter Abbeel, AIX Ventures, and others
- Healthcare industry leaders: Optum Ventures, Martin Ventures, the Frist family, Randy Parker, Anne Wojcicki, Jay Desai, Nish Bhat, Eren Bali, and others