We are a hybrid, remote-friendly culture, with our company headquarters based in San Francisco. Candidates anywhere in the US are encouraged to apply.
Ambience Healthcare’s mission is to supercharge healthcare providers with AI superpowers.
The most painful part of a provider’s day consists of hours of late-night administrative work, writing detailed documentation in the medical record for each of their visits. We’re starting to see the consequences of this widespread documentation burden: providers are burning out and resigning from their careers in medicine at record rates. Until now, healthcare systems have been unable to find any solutions that work.
Ambience's flagship product, Ambience AutoScribe, is a fully automated AI medical scribe that captures the nuances of provider-patient conversation in real-time into comprehensive medical documentation within the EMR, so providers can focus on what matters most: caring for patients. The product is used by our providers every single day, and for the first time in years, they are able to get home on time for dinner without any documentation homework. Now, our providers refuse to practice without AutoScribe.
At Ambience, you’ll be surrounded by an exceptional team of A-players who are kind, humble, curious, and deeply aligned with the core mission of improving the lives of providers and their patients, including:
- 2nd time founders in healthcare who previously built a virtual care platform
- the author of a leading deep learning textbook
- co-founder of Cruise’s ML platform team
- co-founder of Rev.com’s automated speech recognition team
- former head of growth from a leading tech-enabled primary care group
As we experience tremendous pull from the market for our product and on the heels of an oversubscribed Series A round (backed by a16z, Human Capital, and OpenAI, amongst others), we’re actively growing the team across sales, marketing, product, engineering, clinical, and customer success functions.
As the Founding Product Manager, your mission will be to ensure that Ambience builds a category-defining product that delights providers and provider organizations in the customer verticals that you oversee. You’ll also own the ultimate success of all deployments (from post-contract through to successful case study) within these verticals.
What You’ll Do:
- Build relationships with key stakeholders to understand how Ambience can drive value for customer organizations
- Establish and manage our product development and deployment processes
- Establish company-wide product management best practices and rituals to instill a culture of customer obsession and rapid iteration
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive product roadmap that aligns with company goals and objectives
- Own cross-functional collaboration across various teams and guide the prioritization of new features
- Manage and develop other members of the Product Management and Provider Impact teams
Who You Are:
- You have 6-10+ years of product management, former startup founder, and/or healthcare management consulting experience who is looking for an entrepreneurial, mission-driven environment
- You’re able to establish and develop strong relationships with key client stakeholders, deeply understanding their organizational needs to identify and communicate where Ambience can drive value
- You’re able to manage complex deployments in multi-stakeholder environments
- You’re able to anticipate and prevent issues before they arise
- You’re able to synthesize insights across users and deployments into PRDs to quarterback execution of product initiatives that meaningfully move key business metrics
- You have experience managing progressive release cycles to optimize for speed of learning while also protecting the end-user
- You’re capable of processing complex situations and synthesize clear frameworks to enable the team to make effective decisions
- You’re able to coordinate internal and external stakeholders through proactive written and verbal communication
- You have demonstrated the ability to own execution of ideas from inception through to successful outcomes
- You’re ready to lead an ambitious, mission-aligned team that delivers breakthrough product experiences
- You enjoy coaching and mentoring others, but are also excited to still roll up your sleeves and execute as well
- You are a low-ego team player who prioritizes co-discovering the best ideas, even if they’re not your ideas
- You value being a kind, encouraging, and supportive teammate to others
- You have demonstrated the ability to thrive in environments with high levels of complexity, uncertainty, and ambiguity
Not sure if you meet all of the qualifications? We don’t expect every candidate to have done everything listed above, but you should be able to make a credible case that you are ready for the challenge of growing into a new opportunity.
$150,000 - $250,000, with the addition of significant equity.
Are you outside of the range? We encourage you to still apply: we take an individualized approach to ensure that compensation accounts for all of the life factors that matter for each candidate.
Being at Ambience:
- An opportunity to work with cutting edge AI technology, on a product that dramatically improves the quality of life for healthcare providers and the quality of care they can provide to their patients
- Dedicated budget for personal development, including access to world class mentors, advisors, and an in-house executive coach
- Work alongside a world-class, diverse team that is deeply mission aligned
- Ownership over your success and the ability to significantly impact the growth of our company
- Competitive salary and equity compensation with benefits including health, dental, and vision coverage, paid maternity/paternity leave, quarterly retreats, unlimited PTO, and a 401(k) plan
We’re fortunate to be backed by:
- Top-tier venture firms: Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and Human Capital
- The best minds in AI: OpenAI Startup Fund, Jeff Dean, Richard Socher, Pieter Abbeel, AIX Ventures, and others
- Healthcare industry leaders: Optum Ventures, Martin Ventures, the Frist family, Randy Parker, Anne Wojcicki, Jay Desai, Nish Bhat, Eren Bali, and others