We are looking for an experienced and motivated Node.js Backend Engineer, who is able to not only support, but develop our vision of our Node.js-backed APIs further, both in Microservices and serverless functions. Guided by our strong product roadmap you will be able to influence the technical architecture, our engineering culture, the way we develop our product further and provide the best value for our customers.
Your main duty is covering the full cycle of API and backend-focused development leveraging state of the art Node.js practices while keeping the overall maturity, scalability and maintainability in mind. You have the chance to leverage all AWS services that help you achieve our common goals including event-driven architectures, serverless patterns and a variety of database technologies.
Main challenges include the multi-language, multi-currency, multi-tenant and more requirements very large enterprise customers have for a modern and scalable cloud architecture. As we focus on PaaS, your focus of work is more on the business value and feature rather than maintaining and operating infrastructure.
- Develop modern APIs in both microservices and serverless functions
- Design database models in modern database technologies like MongoDB, Neo4J, Redis, and more
- Strive for effective and automated test strategies
- Design and implement service to service communication using message-based patterns with common queue technologies like Eventbridge, SQS, SNS and others
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- University degree in Computer Science or a related study field
- 4+ years of web development experience, with 3+ using Node.js
- Good background in building scalable distributed products incl. event-driven architectures, domain-driven design, resilience patterns and microservices
- Strong experience using Hapi, Fastify and/or Express for RESTful API development
- Strong experience in MongoDB, Redis, ideally Neo4J or other graph databases
- Experience with AWS serverless services like Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, API Gateway, Eventbridge, Kinesis, SQS, SNS and more
- Experience with automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient in Git and Git Flow, Experience in CI/CD, pull/merge request and code reviews
- English and german and market relevant language
- Self Starter with a structured working style
- Analytical skills and enthusiasm for the latest developments in the IT sector
WHAT WE OFFER
- Modern tech, get your own Mac
- Low admin bureaucracy in a self driven environment
- Continuous training on skills, competences and tools
- Opportunity to develop your talent in a dynamic team with ambitious goals
- Opportunity to develop focus areas
- Freedom and responsibility in your work
- Development of tech products highly relevant to our customers with direct feedback from our customer-facing teams
- Use latest technologies in productive environments, e.g. Machine Learning, Serverless technologies and more
- Performance based and highly competitive compensation
Your Success. Our Mission.
At Alyne, we build the technology to help organisations navigate the complex world of cyber security, risk and regulatory compliance without slowing business down.
Founded in 2015 with the vision to build technology that is easy to use and that simplifies risk management for all organisations — big or small. Today, Alyne’s team operates out of Munich, London, New York and Melbourne.