LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY SPECIALIST
ABOUT THE AFRICAN LEADERSHIP GROUP
In 2035, Africa will have the largest workforce in the world and will need to catalyse transformation by empowering its largest untapped resource - its people. Fuelled by this, the African Leadership Group is an ecosystem of institutions with a shared moonshot vision to harness Africa's abundant human capital and transform the continent and the world by selecting, developing, and investing in 3 million ethical and entrepreneurial leaders by 2035. ALG was founded over 15 years ago by Fred Swaniker, a serial entrepreneur recognised by Time Magazine as one of the 100 most influential people of 2019 and his partners. The Group has also been recognised by Fast Company when ALU was awarded as 2019's most innovative company in Africa for "remaking education for a new era". As a Group, our focus is to continue scaling this mission at a pace never seen before.
AFRICAN LEADERSHIP GROUP BENEFITS
Some benefits of working at ALG include:
- A chance to make history: Become part of the team that is developing 3M leaders for Africa and help us convert a potential crisis into an era of global innovation & prosperity
- A powerful network: Join our powerful network of thousands of talented individuals who are living impactful lives across industries and geographies
- Professional development: Get access to the learning programs that made us the most innovative company in Africa for “remaking education for a new era”
- A talented & diverse team: Join a group of top performers coming from across the world and work alongside them in a fast-paced, impact-driven, environment
- Autonomy & empowerment: Enjoy the autonomy of working remotely and be empowered to achieve clear and ambitious goals in an outputs-driven organization
YOU WILL THRIVE AT ALG IF...
- Initiative & Courage: You have an owners’ approach and you are proactive with what needs to be done; you also embrace risks and failure
- Humility & Adaptability: You have a beginners’ mindset and you always seek to learn; you are also flexible and embrace pivoting
- Possibility & Adventure: You are passionate about life, you have a growth mindset and you can thrive on uncertain circumstances and uncharted territory
- Resilience: You tackle difficult situations with a can-do attitude and are relentless in the pursuit of your goals
- Emergent Leadership: You are aware, and can manage, your emotions and those of others very well, you also have an empathetic, collaborative approach to leadership and you love working with others
ABOUT THE JOB
- Impact: Utilise your expertise to help craft the learning & development framework for one of the most innovative Edtech organisations in Africa and contribute to developing 3M Young Leaders
- Create & Build: As a member of the foundational L&D team you have an opportunity to craft frameworks and strategy and leave a lasting legacy
JOB MISSION & GOALS
The missions of projects in this job are
Design & Implement Frameworks:
-Design and implement frameworks and interventions to ensure measurable key competency development across all levels of employees in the organisation.
Organisation Learning & Upskilling Project:
-Develop structures and processes for systematic and self-driven upskilling of workforce
Learning Management System
-Proactively and strategically map out learning needs over next 1-5 years.
Some goals of this role are:
- To be part of the design journey or a unique learning & upskilling framework for a dynamic organisation
- To drive the correct identification, sourcing and implementation of a Learning Management System that will house the organisations upskilling and professional development packages interventions
- You have proven Learning Strategy Development & implementation experience
- You have a proven track record of devising impactful learning strategies & frameworks
- You have proven experience in Learning Experience Design for blended, virtual and in-person delivery.
- You have experience in organization development for an agile organisation or start ups
- You are structured in thinking, workflow and communication
- Agile: you are highly responsive and deliver your work as needed and in time
- Creative problem solver: You find fresh perspectives and come up with innovative solutions to problems
- Strategic mindset: You can build systems and processes that are adaptable and that will scale and last
- Inquisitiveness & genuine curiosity: You must want to dig deeper and gain more insight into “why”
- Empathy: This role is in service of people. You must genuinely want to see others do well
- Entrepreneurial mindset: You seek practical solutions to needs and understand the magic behind simple, replicable and high quality experiences
We would also like to remind you that this is a remote job ;)
Would you like to join us as we work hard, have fun and make history?