MARTECH SUPPORT SPECIALIST
ABOUT THE AFRICAN LEADERSHIP GROUP
In 2035, Africa will have the largest workforce in the world and will need to catalyse transformation by empowering its largest untapped resource - its people. Fuelled by this, the African Leadership Group is an ecosystem of institutions with a shared moonshot vision to harness Africa's abundant human capital and transform the continent and the world by selecting, developing, and investing in 3 million ethical and entrepreneurial leaders by 2035. ALG was founded over 15 years ago by Fred Swaniker, a serial entrepreneur recognised by Time Magazine as one of the 100 most influential people of 2019 and his partners. The Group has also been recognised by Fast Company when ALU was awarded as 2019's most innovative company in Africa for "remaking education for a new era". As a Group, our focus is to continue scaling this mission at a pace never seen before.
ALX is a Leadership Development platform driven by an audacious goal to develop 3 million young leaders over the next 15 years. ALX offers a revolutionary learning model that empowers young leaders across Africa to unlock their potential by instilling 21st century skills and mindsets that equip them to tackle challenges, capture and create opportunities for millions more to accelerate their impact in Africa and beyond. The main benefits of working for ALX are:
- A chance to make history: Become part of the team who is developing 3M leaders for Africa and help us convert a potential crisis into an era of global innovation & prosperity
- A powerful network: Join our powerful network of thousands of talented individuals who are living impactful lives across industries and geographies
- Professional development: Get access to the learning programs that made us the most innovative company in Africa for “remaking education for a new era”
- A talented & diverse team: Join a group of top performers coming from across the world and work alongside them in a fast-paced, impact-driven, environment
- Autonomy & empowerment: Enjoy the autonomy of working remotely and be empowered to achieve clear and ambitious goals in an outputs-driven organization
YOU WILL THRIVE AT ALX IF...
- Initiative & Courage: You have an owners’ approach and you are proactive with what needs to be done; you also embrace risks and failure
- Humility & Adaptability: You have a beginners’ mindset and you always seek to learn; you are also flexible and embrace pivoting
- Possibility & Adventure: You are passionate about life, you have a growth mindset and you can thrive on uncertain circumstances and uncharted territory
- Resilience: You tackle difficult situations with a can-do attitude and are relentless in the pursuit of your goals
- Emergent Leadership: You are aware, and can manage, your emotions and those of others very well, you also have an empathetic, collaborative approach to leadership and you love working with others
ABOUT THE JOB
- As the MarTech Support Specialist you will have the opportunity to flex and grow your talents in higher level technical support whilst shaping the processes and procedures that enable high performance teams.
- Spend your days resolving interesting technical puzzles around the nuances of customer support and experience. Work empathetically with the Support squad to upskill their support associates and provide repeatable, scalable solutions for automating technical support.
JOB MISSION & GOALS
The mission of this job is to handle high level technical support queries to ensure that our prospects and applicants receive the best possible experience whilst working to enable the support squad to develop responses to FAQs.
Some goals and activities of this role are
- To design a system for handling support ticket escalation to ensure a 48 hour response time to relevant stakeholders.
- To provide high level technical support cross tribe for queries relating to the customer experience.
- To work with the Support squad to create standardised responses to support tickets.
- To develop members of the Support squad to better understand more complex technical issues and deliver a better customer experience to our young leaders.
- You will communicate empathetically and effectively, creating a sense of calm clarity around urgent issues.
- You will investigate specific, complex technical issues around customer experience and communication.
- You will create training and information packages for the support squad to reference.
- You have incredible communication skills, be empathetic and proactive.
- You ensure user satisfaction by providing professional and timely user support
- You continuously keep yourself updated on new features of the software
- You can monitor technical support queues, ensuring that all tickets are responded to and resolved within SLAs
- You can escalate bugs or feature requests to development team
- You give feedback on any important user information to senior leadership
- Empathy: You have an empathetic approach to others when fielding support requests and implementation queries.
- Curious: You love solving puzzles
- You are excited to support our applicants, patient when dealing with customers experiencing a less-than-perfect interaction with our platforms or tools.
The hiring manager, Joshua, wants to tell you more about the role.
We would also like to remind you that this is a remote job ;)
Would you like to join us as we work hard, have fun and make history?