MARTECH DATA ANALYST
ABOUT THE AFRICAN LEADERSHIP GROUP
In 2035, Africa will have the largest workforce in the world and will need to catalyse transformation by empowering its largest untapped resource - its people. Fuelled by this, the African Leadership Group is an ecosystem of institutions with a shared moonshot vision to harness Africa's abundant human capital and transform the continent and the world by selecting, developing, and investing in 3 million ethical and entrepreneurial leaders by 2035. ALG was founded over 15 years ago by Fred Swaniker, a serial entrepreneur recognised by Time Magazine as one of the 100 most influential people of 2019 and his partners. The Group has also been recognised by Fast Company when ALU was awarded as 2019's most innovative company in Africa for "remaking education for a new era". As a Group, our focus is to continue scaling this mission at a pace never seen before.
ALX is a Leadership Development platform driven by an audacious goal to develop 3 million young leaders over the next 15 years. ALX offers a revolutionary learning model that empowers young leaders across Africa to unlock their potential by instilling 21st century skills and mindsets that equip them to tackle challenges, capture and create opportunities for millions more to accelerate their impact in Africa and beyond. The main benefits of working for ALX are:
- A chance to make history: Become part of the team who is developing 3M leaders for Africa and help us convert a potential crisis into an era of global innovation & prosperity
- A powerful network: Join our powerful network of thousands of talented individuals who are living impactful lives across industries and geographies
- Professional development: Get access to the learning programs that made us the most innovative company in Africa for “remaking education for a new era”
- A talented & diverse team: Join a group of top performers coming from across the world and work alongside them in a fast-paced, impact-driven, environment
- Autonomy & empowerment: Enjoy the autonomy of working remotely and be empowered to achieve clear and ambitious goals in an outputs-driven organization
YOU WILL THRIVE AT ALX IF...
- Initiative & Courage: You have an owners’ approach and you are proactive with what needs to be done; you also embrace risks and failure
- Humility & Adaptability: You have a beginners’ mindset and you always seek to learn; you are also flexible and embrace pivoting
- Possibility & Adventure: You are passionate about life, you have a growth mindset and you can thrive on uncertain circumstances and uncharted territory
- Resilience: You tackle difficult situations with a can-do attitude and are relentless in the pursuit of your goals
- Emergent Leadership: You are aware, and can manage, your emotions and those of others very well, you also have an empathetic, collaborative approach to leadership and you love working with others
ABOUT THE JOB
- Work for a company who truly understands the power of data and its position as the beating heart of any good Marketing and Recruitment team. Dive deep on a rich data set and use it to create actionable insights for a range of functions.
- As the Data Analyst you will play a key role in designing the data use approach at ALX and will be hands on in creating the dashboards and reports that power us. This role includes the opportunity to begin fresh and proactively co-create the strategy for what data will be collected, why and to what end.
- Working in Squad Enablement you will create the living dashboards that go all the way up to the CEO and which will directly impact key decisions in the organization.
JOB MISSION & GOALS
The mission of this job is to use rich data to create powerful insights to direct and inform key stakeholders across the organisation and ensure our marketing, recruitment and selection is on track and accurately represented.
Some goals and activities of this role are
- To ensure data parity across tools and platforms. Analyse from a range of sources to deliver actionable insights.
- To work directly with the MarTech Squad Lead to co-create the data collection strategy to power an agile and adaptable team.
- To deliver high level, top down, sets of analytics and dashboards to track outcomes from CEO level to individual marketing campaigns.
- To source and report on specific data related enquiries for a range of users.
- To create the key dashboards from senior leadership level all the way down to Squad member specific functions.
- Deep analysis of data to identify key trends and behaviours to fuel decision making around marketing and selection.
- You have 3+ years of experience in a high volume, data driven position working hands on combining CRM and Google Analytics insights.
- You have an ability to create live dashboards for senior leadership positions.
- You have experience in presenting data analysis and relevant insights cross functionally in a clear and concise manner.
- You have hands on experience with digital marketing tools for conversion analysis.
- Empathy: You have an empathetic approach to others when fielding support requests and implementation queries.
- You have a “Figure it Out” mindset.
- Goal driven: You have an outcome driven approach, we work to outcomes not hours.
- You are curious, always looking to understand Why.
The hiring manager, Joshua, wants to tell you more about the role.
We would also like to remind you that this is a remote job ;)
Would you like to join us as we work hard, have fun and make history?