We believe that the future of Africa will be defined by its leaders and their ability to unleash the incredible potential of the continent. ALX, the newest part of the African Leadership Group, is a bold innovation in talent and leadership development. It combines co-working spaces with lifelong learning, career matching, networking, and start-up incubation. Our goal is to become the gathering place for the top 5% of leadership talent in the world and to scale to hundreds of cities across Africa and around the world. By empowering leaders to innovative and re-imagine we want to be a catalyst for transformation on the continent.
We are looking for mission-driven, passionate entrepreneurs to launch and manage ALX hubs in various cities across Africa and around the world. These founding teams will establish locations in Nairobi, Johannesburg, Casablanca, Lagos, Accra, Cape Town (launching in 2019) and across the continent.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are hiring experienced business development professionals to drive corporate partnerships and close deals with local corporations in your city. The BD Lead must be self-motivated with an entrepreneurial mindset. If you’re a strong relationship builder, enjoy networking, have experience selling services to corporations and are passionate about helping companies unleash the performance of their teams, this position is for you.
- Lead a team of incredibly passionate, talented and diverse people and champion our unique culture
- Selling ALX Xcelerator program including marketing, prospecting and closing deals to beat ALX goals.
- Closing hiring partners for the ALX Launchpad program
- Assist in the delivery and operations of the ALX Xcelerator (incl. marketing, programming, partnerships, operational planning)
- Build long-term corporate partnerships with Africa’s leading companies and SMEs and drive revenues via business development and retention
- Monitor and evaluate impact, effectiveness, and efficiency of the program
- Build systems and processes that contribute to making ALX sites scalable and cost-efficient; support the development of playbooks and continuous improvement cycles to scale ALX
- Report to the General Manager of the ALX site
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in B2B sales, working for an early-stage startup, consulting, banking, or operations management.
- A competitive spirit that is excited to prospect and close deals
- Outstanding manager with a track record of leading high performing teams and multiple stakeholders
- Experience in business development with SME and Multinationals
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- A creative, problem-solving approach, with a focus on achieving results
- Entrepreneurial mindset and can-do attitude
- Comfortable with uncertainty and a startup environment, but have knowledge and insight to provide structure where needed. The responsibilities will change as we grow and learn.
- Passionate about scalable and innovative leadership development
- A data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment achieved through a strong analytical mindset