Our mission is to restore cell health and resilience through cell rejuvenation to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that can occur throughout life.
For more information, see our website at altoslabs.com.
Our Single Altos Value: Everyone Owns Achieving Our Inspiring Mission.
Diversity at Altos
We believe that diverse perspectives are foundational to scientific innovation and inquiry.
We are building a company where exceptional scientists and industry leaders from around the world work side by side to advance a shared mission.
Our intentional focus is on Belonging, so that all employees know that they are valued for their unique perspectives.
At Altos, we are all accountable for sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
What You Will Contribute To Altos
The Contracts Senior Manager will report to the Procurement Vice President and will be a point of contact for assigned departments, responsible for managing a variety of procurement-related agreements and managing the life cycle of such agreements. The Contracts Sr. Manager will work closely with but not limited to scientists, subject matter experts, Legal, Finance, Compliance, and senior management, and companies.
- Draft and negotiate master service agreements, master supply agreements, laboratory services agreements, and various other procurement-related agreements, including but not limited to software and capex agreements using department guidance documents to meet the scientific and business needs of assigned departments.
- In partnership with Legal, draft and negotiate the agreements ranging from low to moderately high complexity and work with the manager, as needed, on non-routine agreements or high complexity agreements.
- Directly support several departments, and act as the single point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, for all Procurement related contractual matters for such departments. Resolve all contractual issues with direction, as needed, from manager, Legal and/or department liaison.
- Ensure that agreements comply with all Altos policies and procedures, with input from manager, Legal, Compliance, or business, as needed.
- Ensure that payment and other obligations under executed agreements are handled appropriately, work with Finance and Procurement.
- Produce applicable data and statistical reporting (including budget reporting) for contracts to assigned departments.
- General alliance management responsibilities are required, including:
- Reviewing fully executed agreements to determine effective/expirations dates, identifying and tracking milestones, reporting or other contractual obligations under such agreements and ensuring compliance with such obligations.
- Handle execution and post-execution processing of agreements, including initiating the PO process and submitting invoices.
- Data entry in the relevant databases.
- Support indirect procurement of goods and services.
- Review and manage Purchase Orders on behalf of Altos' domestic and international labs related to agreements.
- Manage the day-to-day transactional activities for purchase requests and orders; expediting, sourcing alternatives, investigation lost/damaged goods, etc. thereby promoting a partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitate the collaboration between Legal, Finance, Quality and Subject Matter Experts and oversee the supplier contracts.
- Management process for advantageous business terms. Negotiate new and drive amendments to existing supplier agreements, including but not limited to, Master Supply Agreements, Master Services Agreements, Managed Services Agreements, Software as a Service, addendums, amendments, and statements of work.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree: scientific or legal discipline is preferred but not required
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant work experience, along with 3-5 years of contracts management experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech or technology company.
- Knowledge of business matters in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry, including software and artificial intelligence (AI) related contracts preferred.
- Working understanding of legal terminology and has experience drafting and negotiating contracts.
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter, influence stakeholders through effective communication and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Must leverage critical thinking skills to be able to solve problems independently and creatively.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with scientists, attorneys, contract negotiators, and industry executives.
- Working understanding of legal issues, including but not limited to, intellectual property, indemnity, privacy, and confidentiality issues.
- General understanding of data protection laws and/or software terms is a plus.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented, team player attitude, high work ethic and reliability.
- Demonstrated experience working with databases and enterprise business systems.
- Proficient with standard office suites such as ERPs, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.), Google Applications (Mail, Calendar, Drive, Meet, etc.) and SLACK.
The salary range for San Francisco Bay Area:
- Senior Contract Manager: $198,900 - $269,100
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
Before submitting your application:
- Please click here to read the Altos Labs EU and UK Applicant Privacy Notice (bit.ly/eu_uk_privacy_notice)
- This Privacy Notice is not a contract, express or implied and it does not set terms or conditions of employment.
What We Want You To Know
We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to inspire innovation.
Altos Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of scientific freedom, learning, and belonging.
Note: Altos Labs will not ask you to download a messaging app for an interview or outlay your own money to get started as an employee. If this sounds like your interaction with people claiming to be with Altos, it is not legitimate and has nothing to do with Altos. Learn more about a common job scam at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-spot-avoid-online-job-scams-biron-clark/