To restore cell health and resilience through cellular rejuvenation programming to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that can occur throughout life.
For more information, see our website at altoslabs.com.
Diversity at Altos
We believe that diverse perspectives are foundational to scientific innovation and inquiry.
We are building a company where exceptional scientists and industry leaders from around the world work side by side to advance a shared mission.
Our intentional focus is on Belonging, so that all employees know that they are valued for their unique perspectives.
At Altos, we are all accountable for sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
What You Will Contribute To Altos
The Altos Institute of Medicine (IOM) will capture knowledge generated about cell health and programming and develop transformative medicines. The successful Director of Clinical Development in the Institute of Medicine will be a dynamic, experienced individual, with a strong science and medical background in Dermatology and a track record of strategic and operational work experience. This individual will work in a highly dynamic fast-paced cross-functional environment that requires collaboration with multidisciplinary functions in both the Institutes of Medicine and Science. As a member of the Institute of Medicine under the leadership of the SVP of Clinical Development, the Director of Clinical Development will play a key role in contributing to the development and shaping of the Clinical Development strategy in the Therapeutic Area of Dermatology at Altos.
- The successful candidate will have an extensive clinical, basic, and/or translational research background in Dermatology and a demonstrated commitment to new scientific frontiers
- Contribute to the Dermatology indication selection strategy for lead programs at Altos
- Support the development of strategies that integrate discovery research with clinical approaches to proof-of-concept in appropriate patient populations affected with skin disorders
- Provides recommendations and insights to the IOM on study feasibilities within the therapeutic area of Dermatology, based on knowledge of the field and through direct contacts with key opinion leaders, potential investigators, patient advocacy groups, and advisory boards
- Support implementation of agreed-upon initiatives and program-level activities specific to the dermatology therapeutic area of focus
- Collaborate across multiple internal multidisciplinary functions including prioritization of internal and external activities within Dermatology based on impact and strategic goals
- Provide support to the SVP of Clinical Development for interactions with regulatory authorities and data monitoring boards for Dermatology indications
- Support the design and implementation of Dermatology clinical protocols, data collection systems, digital tools, and data analysis including statistical analyses
- Ability to be productive and successful in an intense, fast-paced environment
- Contributes to a team culture that promotes continuous improvement, ownership, professional growth, and inclusion
Who You Are
- MD, Ph.D., or MD/Ph.D. in Dermatology
- Extensive hands-on experience in clinical medicine, drug discovery, and development
- Experience in Drug Discovery and Development Operations
- 8+ years of growing responsibility with broad exposure to multiple functions in a Biotechnology, Pharma company or academic institution setting
- Ability to adapt to the needs of a fast pace early stage company, including the ability to contribute hands-on as needed
- Proven capability to lead, motivate and inspire in a diverse, global, cross-functional structure and commit to diversity, equity, and belonging
- A critical thinker with the ability to analyze possibilities and solutions and make pragmatic trade-offs, as well as a big-picture innovator who can identify possibilities and is comfortable with ambiguity
- Highly resourceful and strategic thinker with strong emotional intelligence, operational rigor, and project management capabilities
- Clear and influential communicator: exceptional influencing skills that demonstrate strong thought partnership and create effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working in a global organization
Salary Range: $283,050 - $382,950
What We Want You To Know
We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to inspire innovation.
Altos Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of scientific freedom, learning, and belonging.
Note: Altos Labs will not ask you to download a messaging app for an interview or outlay your own money to get started as an employee. If this sounds like your interaction with people claiming to be with Altos, it is not legitimate and has nothing to do with Altos. Learn more about a common job scam at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-spot-avoid-online-job-scams-biron-clark/