Altos Labs is a new biotechnology company focused on cellular rejuvenation programming to restore cell health and resilience, with the goal of reversing disease to transform medicine.
For more information, see our website at altoslabs.com.
What We Want You to Know
We want our employees to bring their whole selves to work and be recognized for the talents, perspectives, and unique life and career experiences they bring. We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to spur innovation.
What You Will Contribute To Altos
Quantitative methods are at the core of modern biology. Computational tools for analysis of genomic and imaging data empower scientists, enabling them to interpret vast amounts of information generated by experimental assays, and ultimately, make discoveries that improve human health. Kharchenko lab is recruiting a Scientific Programmer who will help to develop, maintain, and apply state-of-the-art computational methods for analysis of single-cell genomics, spatially-resolved genomics, multiplexed imaging, and other modern biological assays. The Scientific Programmer will work closely with the scientists in the lab and our collaborators to build and improve analysis packages, most of which are released under open-source licenses to empower both Altos Labs investigators as well as wider scientific community.
Who You Are
- Bachelor or Masters degree in a relevant field
- General interest in scientific software, including analysis interfaces and interactive data visualization
- Track record of developing and maintaining bioinformatics packages
- Thorough knowledge of R and python, and experience with relevant repositories (e.g. CRAN)
- Working knowledge of modern C++, Rcpp
- Experience with linux, including basic system management
- Integration of scientific tools with web servers, databases
- Experience with modern ML libraries, including TensorFlow and Pytorch
- Experience with GPU-accelerated computing
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of Scientific Freedom, Learning and Belonging.