Alto is on a mission to improve rideshare by offering a cleaner, safer experience to passengers and a sustainable living wage to drivers. Alto drivers are W-2 employees who receive background checks and training, and its fleet of luxury vehicles is company-owned. Because of this, Alto is able to offer a consistent, premium experience to all members and riders.
Alto is seeking a passionate, self-starting sales person to support our expansion and company growth through B2B volume in new markets. Our Launch Sales Rep will be the first set of “boots on the ground” in upcoming launch cities to sell into our first set of B2B partners. This hire will be responsible for generating new business through direct client contact, cold visits to prospective accounts, cold calling, selling our services, developing accounts, and driving results. Between launches, the LSR will sell in our DFW service area.
This position will be key in the early development of our Sales organization, informing structure and strategy through suggestions and feedback. We are seeking candidates who want to grow with Alto while aggressively growing Alto.
- Work closely with the head of business development to inform sales strategy with the objective of driving business volume in rides and deliveries, including surfacing up areas of opportunity based on business needs, identifying new business use cases, making informed suggestions for sales collateral and tools, and areas of improvement for our business products
- Identify key business prospects and generate a targeted lead list
- Build strong relationships with prospective business customers
- Maintain relationships with existing customers with the goals of retention and identifying additional business opportunities
- Educate prospects and customers on Alto business solutions
- Develop well-qualified opportunities to fill the biz dev sales funnel
- Develop detailed summaries of qualified leads for head of biz dev to understand their business pain, stakeholders, decision process, and motivation
- Work with head of business development to close accounts
- Be proactive about solving problems and be ready to take on additional initiatives and responsibilities as they emerge
- Act as the “eyes and ears” of Alto in the business arena, maintaining awareness of and communicating updates related to local market context; competitive activity; and other updates with potential or actualized impacts to Alto’s business.
Background & Experience:
- Ability to generate and close new business leads
- 2-3 years of marketing or sales experience preferred
- Startup experience a plus!
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Fast learner, takes initiative and willing to take risk, learning quickly from mistakes
- Organized and able to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Detail oriented, strong problem solving skills and a team player.