Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Role
Alto Pharmacy is looking for a Patient Care Pharmacist to be a key member of Alto’s Specialty Operations Team. We are looking for an individual whose values strongly align with Alto’s patient-first culture. This role will be great for an autonomous highly-skilled pharmacist who focuses on the accurate, safe, and efficient dispensing of prescriptions. We are looking for an individual who has a passion for evaluating and improving internal processes. You will be on a multi-state team working collaboratively to develop and improve SOPs to better serve our Specialty patients. This includes opportunities to participate in cross functional conversations with sales, product, and engineering as Alto expands into new specialty therapeutic areas.
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Carry out Alto’s Patient Management Program in compliance with URAC standards through the following:
- Provide consultations through the patient's preferred method of communication (text, app messaging, email, or phone)
- Perform initial assessments by gathering/reviewing chart notes to determine appropriateness of prescribing patterns
- Perform clinical check-ins to monitor adherence, efficacy, adverse reactions, and drug interactions
- Identify patients in need of clinical interventions and work collaboratively with providers to provide therapeutic recommendations resulting in improved patient outcomes
- Ensure transition of care by transferring out prescriptions to appropriate pharmacies in situations where Alto is unable to fulfill a patient’s prescription
- Being responsible for communicating prescription statuses to patients and providers
- Work closely with Specialty Operations to provide quality care through the following:
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of pharmacy billing including but not limited to Medicaid, Medicare, ADAP, commercial insurance, and foundation assistance programs to help troubleshoot patient cost barriers
- Proactively identify and communicate areas of concern regarding scheduling/delivery procedures
- Develop and provide drug information material designed to enhance Specialty Operations’ performance
- Stay abreast of relevant and evolving regulatory and industry standards, ensure that appropriate action is initiated, and communicate these trends to applicable personnel
- Work interactively with a local and/or dispersed team to achieve company business and compliance goals/objectives
A Bit About You:
- Must currently be licensed and in good standing as a Pharmacist in the state that you are applying for
- 5 years of pharmacist experience (OR 3 years pharmacist experience at a Specialty pharmacy)
- Able to work NIGHTS/WEEKENDS, up to 9pm PST weekdays and 6pm PST weekends
- Completed specialized training or has knowledge of specialty drugs/disease states (Biologics, LDDs, HIV/PrEP, MS, Oncology, etc.).
- Understand how software can be used to improve business processes and is experienced with MAC OS applications, Google Apps, and database applications
- Strong people skills and the ability to maintain cooperative working relationships across cross functional departments.
- Excellent communication skills and enthusiastic about providing an outstanding patient experience via phone, text, and email
- Ability to work independently and follow-through on assignments with minimal supervision
- Strong working knowledge of applicable state and federal laws relating to the practice of pharmacy
- Ability to review and assess the appropriateness of prescriptions with respect to age specific and disease state specific considerations
- The ability to execute new processes and protocols quickly and accurately, and an interest in defining such processes and protocols for the future
- Specialty Pharmacist certification (ie: AAHIVP, CSP)
- Pharmacy manager or Pharmacist In Charge experience
- Current pharmacist licensure in multiple states
Additional Physical Job Requirements
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.