Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 800 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
About the Team
As a Manager, Operations and Logistics, you are passionate about delivery operations and doing whatever it takes to deliver prescription medicines on time to our patients.
You will be managing our growing team of Dispatchers and Couriers who make thousands of deliveries on a daily basis. You thrive in fast-paced work environments and have developed ways of dealing with stressful situations. You are comfortable with manipulating data to generate insights and business recommendations. You are eager to identify and own continuous improvement across our business.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Manages the day to day delivery performance across designated regions
- Directly manages a team of dispatchers and couriers on agreed upon performance metrics, SLAs and attendance records
- Owns results and counter measures of delivery KPI’s for designated region of Pharmacies
- Identifies and owns process improvement opportunities within the delivery business
- Serve as the escalation point of contact for delivery related escalations between patient care and fulfillment teams
- Owns and delivers Dispatcher and Courier performance feedbacks
- Partners cross functionally with Continuous Improvement and Fulfillment teams to support improved performance
A bit about you:
- 4+ years of direct management experience for employees and their performance
- 6+ years of experience in either operation, logistics, a high growth startup
- Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with process improvements
- Ability to understand and manipulate data and make data based decisions
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Experience managing a team of 20+ employees
- Have 1-2 years experience as Dispatcher or are familiar with delivery operations
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where you own your role from start to finish, and make decisions quickly and independently
- Are enthusiastic about building a positive culture in a dynamic team
- Believe in Alto’s mission and our company values
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.