Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Role
We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 1000 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
The Director of Sales and Operations Planning is a key leadership position, reporting directly to the Vice President, Supply Chain & Operations. This position will require an experienced S&OP/SIOP leader able to facilitate and drive results in a fast paced and demanding growth environment, leveraging his/her strong interpersonal and leadership skills. This role will be challenged to build and implement a world class Sales and Operations Planning process across the enterprise to improve customer satisfaction, profitability, inventory turns, lead times and working capital. The core functions of the position include strategic and tactical decision-making related to balancing demand and supply; aligns volume and mix with capacity and capability; and integrates financial and operating plans within strategic objectives to deliver improved operating and financial results.
- Manage the aggregation of the demand plan process across therapeutic areas, categories and businesses, producing a rolling 12-18 month estimate of unconstrained future demand in units.
- Conduct rough cut capacity and scenario planning to be able to validate and present data and analytics to facilitate decision making.
- Manage the Supply Chain organization. Establishes SIOP planning processes and ensures that staff are properly trained and in place.
- Develop, monitor and revise production and sourcing plans, in the short and long term, to optimize the use of manpower, equipment and financial resources while meeting the needs of customers.
- Prepare data and material for monthly S&OP meetings that will facilitate decisions around equipment, labor and all other resources needed to support demand over the S&OP planning horizon.
- Assist in the documentation of assumptions incorporated in the demand and supply plan and validate past assumptions.
- Coordinate and facilitate the monthly S&OP meetings to achieve the demand plan consensus including strategic, product, sales, and marketing activities as well as supply plan balance and constraints/gaps.
- Achieve customer service order fulfillment objectives while maintaining inventory levels at targeted goals.
- Develop support metrics, tools and reporting that will enable Fulfillment and Procurement teams to achieve these service level and inventory targets.
- Work closely with Sales and Product Development on planning/executing the activation and ramp-up for new products as well planning/managing other product-life-cycle phases; connecting the pipe drive process from stages 3 and 4 into the demand planning cycles.
- Evaluate inventory reports to identify slow moving and obsolete inventories and collaborate with the sales team to develop disposition plans.
- Track performance metrics and analysis to identify both opportunities and potential issues within S&OP processes and reporting as well as those across departments; provide insights and recommendations to help improve results.
- Work closely with Procurement, Sales, Operations, Fulfillment, and Delivery; to evaluate the demand/production plan against inventory, capacity and external factors and to create mitigation actions if needed.
- Facilitate prioritizing demand and/or allocating supply to a customer or region when demand exceeds supply.
- Identify significant business risks and escalate to the appropriate leadership teams.
- Ensure efficient communication across functional teams for any trends, drivers, and takeaways in a clear and concise manner.
- Identify and implement supply chain initiatives to improve efficiencies, cost, waste reduction and other lean principles.
- Support and coach buyers and production planners.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or Logistics. MBA or Master’s degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Finance or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in Supply Chain (experience in Demand Planning, Supply Planning, and Inventory Planning.
- APICS Certification preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in MRP and ERP systems inventory control, materials requirements planning, item master, demand planning, and advanced supply chain planning and analytics preferred.
- Knowledgeable in lean principles/methodologies.
- Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills, and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, follow up and attention to details. Adaptable to multiple requests, daily changes and still deliver on commitments.
- Data-driven with demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems and strong proficiency in Google and MS applications.
- Must be able to work independently while still functioning well in a team environment.
- Able to communicate effectively with senior management, peers, and colleagues cross-functionally.
- People management experience including strong interpersonal and leadership skills: meeting facilitation, skill sharing and training, organization, conflict management, change agent, manage relationships.
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: extensive reading, viewing a computer terminal, transcribing spoken/written speech, and reviewing or analyzing data and figures.
Communicating with others to exchange information via phone, video conference, and other modes of communication. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly
Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required.
Travel: Yes - Required up to 10% of the time for select industry events and field work
Benefits: Full-time: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Group Life, AD&D, Employer paid STD/LTD, generous PTO and parental leave.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.