Alto is America’s leading digital pharmacy, transforming a $500 billion industry. Founded in 2015, Alto’s better pharmacy model is centered on the critical role of pharmacists as the final link in a person’s health journey. Alto combines expert pharmacist care with purpose-built technology to deliver a more convenient and affordable experience for those who need medication. To date, Alto has fulfilled more than three million prescriptions, expanded to twelve markets, and built a mobile app experience that makes it easier than ever to manage medications and chat with a pharmacist. As Alto continues its rapid growth, it remains customer obsessed, with an industry-leading NPS score of 86.
About the team:
The Infrastructure team's mission is to deliver and support a reliable, self-servicing infrastructure platform and developer tooling that improves the software development process. We build and manage Alto's cloud infrastructure. Our team envisions an Alto in which engineers are enabled to build scalable and reliable systems and follow best-in-class software development practices that let them develop those systems quickly and with minimal friction. We build the platform and tools to make that possible.
Example projects include:
- Working with product engineering teams to build infrastructure that supports a transition from a monolithic codebase to a service oriented architecture
- Working with the data engineering team to define and implement infrastructure for data pipelines
- Iterating on our infrastructure to build out staging environments that support additional testing practices such as performance testing
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Build out best-in-class infrastructure in a complex security environment to support healthcare applications.
- Partner with the Product Engineering, Data, and Security teams to define and implement infrastructure solutions to support critical projects across Alto
- Help Alto scale and automate our cloud infrastructure
- Work with engineers to uncover bottlenecks to high quality product development and build tools to support the engineering team
A Bit About You:
- 6+ years of experience building and supporting cloud infrastructure
- Production experience working with Infrastructure as Code. We deploy our infrastructure on AWS running Kubernetes, and make use of Terraform and Helm.
- Are proficient in one or more backend programming languages. (At Alto, we mainly use Ruby on Rails and Go on the backend but experience with these specific languages is not required.)
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving that’s biased towards patient and business impact
- A strong sense of ownership over your work and a desire to uplevel your peers
- Passion for Alto’s mission and our company values
- Experience with Kubernetes in a production environment
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Salary Range: $190,000 - $210,000* + Bonus + Equity + Benefits
*Please note this range is specific to employees working in Colorado. Salary ranges for remote candidates working outside of Colorado can be subject to regionalized compensation based on their respective work location.
Equity Eligible: Yes.
Travel: Yes. Up to <10% of the time.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Group Life, AD&D, Employer paid STD/LTD, generous PTO and parental leave.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.