Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
The Infrastructure team's mission is to deliver and support a reliable, self-serve cloud infrastructure platform for engineers and to create developer tooling that improves the software development process. We partner with the rest of Alto's engineering team to establish the needs of our infrastructure and define a shared vision, and we help teams to enable ownership of development practices, architecture, and reliability.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Data, and Security peers to plan and execute on high impact roadmaps
- Grow and build the team through recruiting and team-member career development
- Drive technical innovation by helping define and advance our architecture and frameworks
- Collaborate closely with product engineering teams to uncover and address barriers to high quality product development
A bit about you:
- 5+ years of experience building and supporting cloud infrastructure
- 2+ years of engineering management experience
- Technical background in Site Reliability Engineering or DevOps working with Infrastructure as Code. We deploy our infrastructure on AWS running Kubernetes, and make use of Terraform and Helm.
- Demonstrated ability to engage a senior engineering team around a common goal
- Clear communication and ability to frame infrastructure investments in terms of business value
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Base Salary Range: $170,000-$200,000
Commission Eligible: No
Equity Eligible: Yes
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Group Life, AD&D, Employer paid STD/LTD, unlimited PTO, and generous parental
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.