Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Role
Alto Pharmacy is looking for a Patient Care Pharmacist to be a key member of Alto’s Dallas office. As part of the Pharmacist Team in Dallas, you will help set the tone for the culture and will be responsible for getting prescriptions to patients accurately, safely and efficiently. You will have the opportunity to improve the existing processes and work directly with the engineering team to improve our internal systems in order to optimize health outcomes.
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Work closely with members of the team to manage patient’s medications and overall health, including but not limited to:
- Providing in-person or remote patient consultations
- Making therapeutic decisions that prioritize patient safety and quality of care
- Facilitating prescription transfers
- Working collaboratively with clinics to receive, clarify, and verify prescription orders
- Ensuring patient safety by monitoring drug therapies and delivering appropriate interventions
- Advise patients on general health topics such as diet, exercise, and managing stress, and on other issues such as what equipment or supplies would be best to treat a health problem
- Check prescriptions for accuracy
- Work interactively with a local and/or dispersed team to achieve company business and compliance goals/objective
- Stay abreast of relevant and evolving regulatory and industry standards, ensure that appropriate action is initiated, and communicate these trends to applicable personnel
A Bit About You:
- Able to work Flexible hours as needed, up to 11pm on weekdays and 8pm on weekends
- Must currently be licensed as a Pharmacist in the state of Texas or Colorado depending on location
- 2+ years of working experience in a retail pharmacy setting
- Values teamwork and demonstrates a positive attitude, good work ethic and sound clinical acumen
- Able to remain organized, analytical and detail oriented when faced with ambiguity
- Adept at prioritizing and being resourceful with minimal direction
- Excellent communication skills and enthusiastic about providing an outstanding patient experience via phone, text, and email
- Finds opportunities to go above and beyond for patients and deliver world-class patient experiences in a continually growing environment
- Thinks about the broader aspects of Pharmacy and wants to improve on everything that makes the pharmacy tick.
- Understands how software can be used to improve business processes and is experienced with MAC OS applications, Google Apps, and database application
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.