Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Role
Director, Corporate Development
Alto is building the world's most patient-centric, tech enabled pharmacy, and we are seeking a Director, Corporate Development to be a key member of our team. The ideal candidate needs to be a dynamic self-starter with a passion for continuous process improvement in a fast paced, high growth environment, and the ability to clearly communicate deliverables and recommendations.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Development, the successful candidate will:
- Develop and present high-quality recommendations and deliverables for executive reviews and contribute to associated acquisition strategy and execution discussions
- Ambitiously identify and qualify new ideas & companies for Alto from internal & external sources.
- Support and lead inorganic growth opportunities for Alto globally from idea to business case to build vs buy decision and if necessary to deal execution and post-deal integration – taking a holistic, cross-functional approach.
- Coordinate a cross-functional deal team within Alto as well as serve as a point of contact to target company management
- Partner with cross-functional executives to implement highest priority strategic initiatives
- Assess market and dynamics to shape company strategy
A bit about you:
- 7-10 years of experience at top-tier company in corporate development, management consulting, private equity, venture capital or Investment Banking
- Bachelors degree required, MBA preferred
- Experience in a deal environment as well as an operational one
- Experience negotiating and closing deals
- Strong analytical skills, fluency in performing rigorous financial, valuation and broad quantitative analyses and familiarity with accounting & key operational metrics
- Adept with technology and a strategic thinker – knows what’s best for the business
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional senior executives in a fast-changing environment
- Team player, proactive and action-oriented, anticipates needs, is assertive, and is highly accountable
- Healthcare experience a plus
You’ll love this role if you:
- Want to be a part of a fast-paced and ever changing start up
- Enjoy playing a key role at the company level and want to be part of Alto’s success
- Want a passionate, humble, and exciting culture
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.