Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
As an Accounts Receivable Specialist at Alto Pharmacy, you will be reporting to the Sr. Manager, Pharmacy Network Reimbursement. You will be tasked with performing daily and monthly Insurance payer reconciliations and collections. You will play a major role in the success of accounts receivable (AR) at Alto by providing support for reimbursement related tasks.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Reconcile accounts receivable and investigate discrepancies by downloading data from banks, suppliers, and other portals as necessary and utilizing excel to reconcile payment information with internal revenue data
- Identify outstanding aging balances and accounts that need to be written-off to uncollectible
- Communicate effectively within the team, outsourced providers, and external customers
- Manage multiple systems to ensure clean accounts receivable aged reporting
- Appropriately escalate issues and ensure timely resolution
- Review control reporting and communicate exceptions with management.
- Support Reimbursement processes such as MAC reviews and Pharmacy Audits payer reviews
- Follow up with unresponsive providers to support the collections process
A bit about you:
- 4+ years experience working in pharmacy billing, cash posting or claims rejections
- Ability to learn and operate a new pharmacy management system and other relevant equipment
- Ability to interpret, transcribe, and troubleshoot prescription information
- Ability to perform common math calculations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and other office software applications
- A passion for Alto’s mission and values
- 2+ years experience as Supervisor/lead and or process improvement/auditing
- Experience in cash applications & reading 835’s, EOB’s & or remittance advices
- Experience in pharmacy claims rejection resolution
- Experience in creating & implementing process improvement plans
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.