Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Role
In this role, you will help design and scale Alto’s corporate cloud ecosystem, automate employee lifecycle processes, build and implement integrations between services, and partner with Alto stakeholders to proactively solve issues and save time. You will uplevel our alerting and monitoring capabilities for these services, as well as the on-prem ecosystem, and collaborate with the IT and Security orgs to help them leverage the solutions you implement. Mentoring and teaching is expected for all senior candidates.
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Help us grow and scale our cloud environment!
- Design and maintain the corporate infrastructure as code environment, using tools like Ansible and Terraform
- Build tooling to enable Alto staff to self-resolve without needing to make a ticket
- Perform Okta and Azure AD administration and architecture, including SAML + SCIM configuration for our app ecosystem
- Configure integrations between Okta, AWS, Azure, Pagerduty, and more
- Streamline the employee lifecycle, both day 1 and day N, to ensure that Alto staff have access to everything they need, and archive past Alto staff content
- Co-own AWS services (DNS, EC2, Lambda, Workspaces)
- Implement, tune, and optimize alerting and monitoring for SaaS and on-prem services
A Bit About You:
- 3+ years experience with configuration management tools and frameworks like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, and Terraform
- 3+ years experience implementing and maintaining an Okta instance
- 3+ years interacting with APIs programmatically
- 2+ years experience implementing and scaling AWS services
- 1+ years administering Azure AD or similar
- Demonstrated familiarity with networking fundamentals, both traditional and software based
- Demonstrated success scripting in languages like Python, Ruby, or Powershell. If you’re a bash ninja or PHP wizard, that’s fine too!
- Able to travel to pharmacy and HQ sites to resolve complex issues or support new office launches
- Experience administering Splunk, Prometheus, ELK, or similar SIEM/log tooling
- Familiarity with common endpoint tools like JAMF, Intune, Fleetsmith, or Google Workspace
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Participate in an on-call rotation, which will sometimes require responding to urgent requests after hours or on weekends.
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.