Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
Accelerate your career as you:
Alto seeks a dynamic and energetic Sr. Manager, Planning, System & Tool Implementation to support the achievement of industry leading effectiveness and efficiency across our rapidly growing organization. The Sr. Manager Planning, System & Tool Implementation will manage the planning system and tool implementation of the Financial Planning and Analysis function responsible for all planning processes, including the long-range and annual plans, monthly forecast, and weekly pacing process. In addition to the core corporate FP&A functions, this role will manage SG&A optimization by providing primary finance support for the Compensation, HR, and IT departments. This highly visible role will report to the VP of FP&A working in close partnership with the data engineering team on deep dive analytical capabilities and the Chief People Officer to continuously innovate, delight our patients, grow and lead these business areas in streamlining processes, optimizing costs, and driving efficiencies. The ideal candidate will possess an entrepreneurial spirit, will enjoy getting his/her hands dirty, and will straddle between tactical day to day activities as well as strategic design analytics. He/she will lead strategic financial planning, forecasting and analysis and implement, develop and standardize financial reports and processes, develop short and long term operational plans, develop analytical models and key performance indicators to measure overall patient adoption, engagement, and financial performance. He/she will coordinate and report on financials for R&O (Risks and Opportunities), prepare board presentation decks, investor packages, and develop ad-hoc analytics. Additional responsibilities include driving for process improvements that help drive operational effectiveness, topline growth, and business optimization.
At Alto, culture is one of the key differentiators enabling the company to disrupt the entrenched competition. The successful candidate will fit into and strengthen the culture while balancing the requirements of the role.
A bit about you:
- Support annual operating plan cycle including target setting, guideline creation, managing calendar and milestones and producing presentations for senior leadership and board of Managers
- Implement processes, frameworks, tools and systems that allow us to capture and utilize timely and accurate data across the business to make better decisions as we become a global organization
- Evaluates and recommends changes to current and future system requirements to meet organizational needs
- Collaborate with leadership team to provide analytical rigor and evaluate strategic initiatives
- Establish and lead process to prepare all financial forecasts in partnerships with leaders across the company
- Support expense and liquidity planning efforts in partnership with senior leadership
- Partner closely with Accounting and Treasury teams, proactively seeking opportunities to improve processes and forecasting accuracy across all areas of FP&A
- Partner with all members of the senior management team and other company leadership on assessing and analyzing critical business decisions
- Build, manage, and develop a high-performing team
- Build outstanding and effective relationships with cross-functional team
- Drive the development, deployment, and monitoring of KPIs tied to strategic goals, as well as evaluation of team performance against these metrics.
- Strict adherence to the Company’s corporate policies and all regulatory requirements
- 12+ years of progressive experience and demonstrated growth including a minimum of 8 years in Finance/FP&A positions
- Experience with a fast-growing company with scale
- Proven success serving as a change agent in a high-growth and scale environment
- High degree of organization and efficiency with demonstrated attention to detail
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on attention to detail while delivering against tight deadlines
- Planning systems implementation experience
- Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility, and character
- Strong track record of maintaining relationships and communicating with a wide range of partners
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks
- Advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- Prior experience working with private equity or in fast-paced mid-sized companies is a plus.
- M&A experience
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.