Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
Alto Pharmacy is looking for a per diem Production Pharmacist who is excited about changing the way pharmacy interacts with providers and patients in order to improve health outcomes. We are a fast-moving company with many moving parts, and here you'll help steer the future of Alto in San Diego, CA.
Pharmacists at Alto work cross-functionally across operations, engineering and design teams to build a better pharmacy from the ground up. You’ll play a key part by providing comprehensive and accurate metrics around clinical utilization review and dispensing services.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Reviewing content and accuracy of drug packaging and labeling
- Reviewing for completeness and accuracy of new and refill prescriptions
- Assisting in the proper ordering, handling, receiving, documentation, and storage of all controlled substances; assist in maintaining a perpetual inventory for schedule II drugs
A bit about you:
- 2+ years working in a retail pharmacy
- Licensed and in good standing by the California Board of Pharmacy
- Adaptable and resourceful
- Eager to measure and improve accuracy and productivity
- Enjoys data analysis and is outcomes focused
- Believes in continuous improvement
- Has creative ideas on what needs to change in the industry
- Is passionate about improving the patient experience
- Can make quick and thoughtful decisions
- Experienced in Kaizen and 5S principles and implementation
Nice to haves:
- Background in specialty dispensing area (comfortable with injectables)
- 2+ years of strong retail pharmacy experience (Walgreens, Safeway, Rite Aid, etc.)
- No brand new grads
- Trained up quickly
- Make safe decisions
- Dispensing experience
- Licensed in California
- Notice and voice process and product improvements
- Mission and Values
- Team Work
- Speaks positively about technicians
- Ability to problem-solve
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Prolonged periods of standing and bending.
- Exposed to a normal office environment.
- Lift, carry, and /or push/pull various items (bags, boxes, carts, etc.) while using proper technique.
- Lift up to 35lbs. from floor to chest level, and lift and carry up to 35 lbs. at waist height a reasonable distance.
- Sit or stand up a majority of work days (8-10 hours) or sit for long periods of time depending on the needs of the pharmacy operation and call center.
- Operate all equipment necessary to do the job.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects.
- Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects.
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
- Repeat the same movements.
Commission Eligible: No
Equity Eligible: No
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.