Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
As a member of the Operational Excellence team, you will help to ensure we continue to improve all aspects of Alto, make us as efficient and effective as possible, while providing superior customer service. We clearly understand the current state of our processes and then develop the right processes and products to move our business forward toward perfection. We utilize proven methodologies to include Lean, Six Sigma and their various components to achieve lasting change. We partner cross-functionally across the organization, to include Sales and Engineering, to identify problems and opportunities, identify root causes, and prioritize implementation of solutions for Operations. We constantly work with Product / Engineering to get cutting edge solutions to our associates and customers. We facilitate Change Management throughout the improvement lifecycle.
NOTE: This role will be based in our Dallas HQ.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Collaborate with project sponsors/Direct Responsible Individuals (DRI’s - Directly Responsible Individual - Director to VP Level) to determine project scope and vision.
- Support the DRI to elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of stakeholders, be they customers or end users
- Support DRI in the operational management of cross functional projects / initiatives - be that facilitating meetings, acting as a Business Analyst in the translation of Business requirements to Product/Engineering level requirements, Change Management and project management type activities
- Complex Projects/ Initiatives should be tracked to achieve operational and financial goals and targets utilizing Hoshin Planning Calendars
- Support and lead cross functional, complex components of Lean / Six Sigma efforts to include Root Cause Analysis, DMAIC, and Kaizen
A bit about you:
- Bachelor's degree
- 4 year college degree with 3-5 years of experience in Health Care or a Pharmacy environment OR 5-7 years of experience in Health Care or a Pharmacy environment, Or 4 year college degree and 5-7 years of equivalent experience in another industry or Masters Degree in Data with 2-3 years of industry experience
- Internal - Solid understanding of Alto Care Operations processes, or ability to learn in short period of time (<3 months)
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate effectively with Management (to include Director to VP level individuals), and influence using data and facts.
- Proven analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills, utilizing data analytics
- Ability to execute on projects using Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, through all forms (SOP, SW, eMail, Slides, etc.)
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated experience effectively working in a team-oriented, collaborative/matrixed environment
- Exposure to Lean / Six Sigma activities
- Direct experience in Delivery, Transportation or Last Mile
- Graduate degree
- Experience in Healthcare or Pharmacy
- Previous experience as Pharmacy Technician
- Internal: Understanding of work flow in Wunderbar
- 3-5 years of experience in operations, finance, supply chain, pharmacy, pharmaceutical, or contact center
- Green Belt Lean/Six Sigma Experience or Project Management Professional
- Proven experience working on cross functional teams.
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow complex oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Facilitate Small groups to a final product
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Travel to Company hubs (San Francisco, Dallas, Denver) - ~50% Travel
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.