Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
As the Sales Compensation Strategy Manager, you will own all of Alto’s sales incentive plans and administration across the various commercial teams. In this role you will be responsible to oversee the development, implementation, and maintenance of incentive programs and analysis. This includes the development and management of sales incentive plans, policy administration, compensation letter design & issuance, development of target compensation structures, market planning and adjustments.
The position will play a direct role in incentive compensation strategic planning, design, analysis, budgeting and implementation. The role will develop related processes, policies and provide project leadership to impact business success and ensure our incentives drive performance and results desired.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Lead the compensation planning design cycle from design-to-deployment for all departments within the go-to-market organization.
- Develop a deep understanding of Alto’s sales model, sales compensation plans, metrics, reporting tools, and data structures to ensure that our plans are aligned to Alto’s strategic objectives for sales.
- Lead the implementation and administration of variable compensation software including adherence to established control structure and change management
- Develop proactive communications and enablement efforts to inform the field of relevant comp and policy changes
- Provide data analysis and modeling to measure the effectiveness of existing incentives and designs/test the feasibility of new designs
- Develop cross-functional relationships (within Sales, HR, Finance, Legal, and IT) at many organizational levels to enable execution of dependent project work.
- Be the point of escalation to advise on sales compensation issues and exception requests in conjunction with Human Resources, Finance and Sales Management, where needed
- Continually evaluate and leverage technology and business processes to streamline work flow and build efficiencies.
A bit about you:
- 6+ years sales compensation, sales operations, finance or human resources related experience
- Strong experience with sales compensation, commission and incentive plan development is required
- Experience with Salesforce or comparable CRM reporting
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to drive change through influence
- Strong project management skills
- 5+ years of dedicated sales compensation, commission and incentive plan development experience
- Experience in rapidly-growing start-up
- Experience in Healthcare, Pharma and/or MedTech markets
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.