Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
Alto is a digital pharmacy that provides customers with access to medication by scheduling delivery to their home or office the same day, seven days a week. Mattieu Gamache-Asselin and Jamie Karraker co-founded Alto (formerly ScriptDash) in 2015 with the mission to improve people’s lives by bridging the gap between doctors, insurance companies, and patients. They brought together expertise across technology and healthcare to successfully build and grow the platform, providing an extraordinary caring pharmacy experience for patients.
Alto now has over 800 employees across multiple locations servicing the San Francisco Bay area, Los Angeles and Orange County, San Diego, Sacramento, the Denver-Boulder Metro area, Las Vegas, and Seattle.
Alto has raised over $350MM from investors including Softbank, Greenoaks Capital, Jackson Square Ventures, and Justin Kan and is well positioned for rapid growth over the next few years, with a clear path to becoming a multibillion-dollar enterprise.
For additional detail please visit: https://alto.com/
We are seeking a Sr. Director of SEC Reporting to join our Accounting team. This role requires an aptitude for thought leadership who will help build a capable team with responsibility for SEC and oversight of financial reporting standards and technical accounting.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Oversee the Company's external financial reporting process, including SEC reporting (Form 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K etc.), compliance and review of the XBRL process, quarterly and annual census reporting, and other financial and governmental statutory reporting as required
- Support the annual audit and quarterly review activities with external auditors as well as testing by internal and external auditors on internal controls
- Monitor current developments in accounting literature to identify any changes in accounting policies, as needed
- Ensure the proper implementation of new accounting pronouncements into financial statements
- Ensure compliance with all SEC and GAAP and disclosure requirements
- Participate in the Company's Disclosure Committee and when appropriate Audit and Risk Oversight Committee
- Lead the preparation of stock-based compensation accounting, earnings per share, and other equity accounting analyses, reconciliations, and journal entries for month-end close
- Prepare quarterly and annual internal Board of Directors and Audit Committee packages
- Bachelor or higher degree in accounting or finance
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent qualification
- 10+ years technical accounting and reporting experience
- 5+ years of experience at a Big 4 accounting firm or related SEC Reporting role
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP, financial statement presentation, and Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Experience filing Form S-1
- 15+ years technical accounting and reporting experience
- CPA, or equivalent qualification
- Experience leading both technical accounting and SEC reporting at a public US company
- Can anticipate and surface issues, solve problems and recommend solutions, while exercising good business judgment and risk management
- Advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- Prior experience working with private equity or in fast-paced mid-sized companies is a plus.
- Prior experience working in the pharma industry is a strong plus
At Alto, culture is one of the key differentiators enabling the company to disrupt the entrenched competition. The successful candidate will fit into and strengthen the culture while balancing the requirements of the role.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.