Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
Alto seeks a dynamic and energetic Vice President of Strat Finance to support the achievement of industry leading effectiveness and efficiency across our hyper growth organization. The candidate will be an integral part of the Growth, Marketing, and Margin Optimization leadership teams working in close partnership with Therapeutic Area General Managers, Partnership Manager Leadership, Marketing, Manufacturer Relations and Supply Chain, and cross functional leaders to set and execute on strategies to accelerate revenue growth and optimize and maximize Alto’s gross margins.
This role will report directly to the CFO. The ideal candidate will possess an entrepreneurial spirit, will enjoy getting his/her hands dirty, and will straddle between tactical day to day activities as well as strategic design activities. He/she will have an opportunity to be a startup CFO-in-a-box while acting as a critical finance business partner to the Chief Commercial Officer and the VP of Manufacturer Relations and Supply Chain.
At Alto, culture is one of the key differentiators enabling the company to disrupt the entrenched competition. The successful candidate will fit into and strengthen the culture while balancing the requirements of the role.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Leading margin maximization initiatives
- Leading ad hoc financial analyses and new business development deals
- Leading and participating as the key finance stakeholder in cross functional teams
- Managing the reporting on weekly financial and operational performance metrics
- Driving long and short term financial planning
- Provide direction and mentoring to finance team members
- Driving cross-business analytic projects for senior management, with financial modeling, data mining and presentation support
- Creating, improving, and maintaining long-term strategic finance models including market segment share analysis, P&L expectations, and cash flow analysis with sensitivities.
- Collaborate with executives to provide analytical rigor and evaluate strategic initiatives
- Implement processes, frameworks and systems that allow us to capture and utilize timely and accurate data across the business to make better decisions
- Establish and lead process to prepare all financial forecasts in partnerships with leaders across the company
- Partner closely with Accounting and Treasury teams, proactively seeking opportunities to improve processes and forecasting accuracy across all areas of FP&A
- Partner with all members of the senior management team and other company leadership on assessing and analyzing critical business decisions
- Build, manage, and develop a high-performing team
- Build outstanding and effective relationships with cross-functional team
- Drive the development, deployment, and monitoring of KPIs tied to strategic goals, as well as evaluation of team performance against these metrics.
- Strict adherence to the Company’s corporate policies and all regulatory requirements
A bit about you:
- 15+ years of progressive experience and demonstrated growth including a minimum of 10 years in Finance/FP&A positions
- Experience with a fast-growing company with scale
- Proven success serving as a change agent in a high-growth and scale environment
- High degree of organization and efficiency with demonstrated attention to detail
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on attention to detail while delivering against tight deadlines
- Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility, and character
- Strong track record of maintaining relationships and communicating with a wide range of partners
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks
- Advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- Prior experience working with private equity or in fast-paced mid-sized companies is a plus.
- Prior experience working in the pharmaceutical industry is a strong plus
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: extensive reading, viewing a computer terminal, transcribing spoken/written speech, and reviewing or analyzing data and figures.
- Communicating with others to exchange information via phone, video conference, and other modes of communication. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.