Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
We’re looking for a growth oriented and entrepreneurial minded individual to help inform and drive our health plans offering. This is an opportunity to build a startup within a startup, which will require an entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to wear multiple hats. The Business Operations function within the Health Plans vertical is responsible for coordinating across all functions to define and deliver Alto’s value proposition on medication adherence and member experience to commercial, Medicare Advantage and select state Medicaid health plans. The Business Operations Manager will coordinate with internal and external functions to align go-to-market activities with Alto service requirements - including mailer, call center and clinical pharmacy operations. The Business Operations Manager will also work closely with the sales and marketing teams - specifically, the Director of Enterprise, Enterprise Account Executives and Enterprise Account Managers to optimize Alto’s go to market approach and scale the business vertical.
At Alto, culture is one of the key differentiators enabling the firm to disrupt the entrenched competition. The successful candidate will fit into and strengthen the culture while balancing the requirement to aggressively drive change across people, process and technology. This individual will help build upon Alto’s initial approach into the health plan vertical and formalizing its strategy and operations.
This position reports to the General Manager, Health Plans with interfaces across the Director of Enterprise, Head of Sales and the sales leadership team, Therapeutic Area General Managers (TA GMs,), Chief Financial Officer (CFO,), Chief Commercial Officer (CCO,), Head of Operations, and Head of Product.
The successful candidate shall have strong skills and experience across the following areas:
- Navigating the healthcare payor landscape with emphasis on how payors and providers interact and how this ultimately impacts the patient.
- Thinking strategically to translate high level business objectives into clear, actionable initiates.
- Operating cross functionally working to bring solutions across sales, product, and operations.
- Taking initiative to simplify and solve complex problems influencing across a wide range of interdependent functions.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Partner with the General Manager and Director of Enterprise in developing and implementing the health plans vertical operating plan including leading a clear set of priorities that will rapidly scale the business.
- Partner with account executives and sales to develop a plan that articulates Alto’s value proposition as relevant to health plans and proxy’s (brokers, tech-enablers, TPAs).
- Partner with product, patient care, and operations to continuously improve the patient experience and enhance the health plan value proposition.
- Identify, prioritize and develop strategic partnerships to support growth and expansion.
- Establish and manage corporate relationships with key manufacturers to ensure access, maximize margins, and identify revenue driving opportunities.
- Constantly refine the service and solution for the health plan vertical; including pricing, packaging, and positioning.
- You will conduct user research and leverage internal and external subject matter experts to inform product roadmap and customization, and to determine which tools, resources and programs will differentiate Alto and improve outcomes.
- Monitor SLAs/quality and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain competitive pharmacy analysis at national and regional levels to inform segment prioritization, competitive messaging and product development.
A bit about you:
- 3-4 years experience in consulting or investment banking with experience serving the healthcare industry.
- Excellent business judgment and analytical skills, and can use data to prioritize, drive strategic discussion, and ultimately deliver real outcomes.
- Resourceful and entrepreneurial spirit. You enjoy doing whatever it takes to break through unexpected barriers and obstacles, and balance detail-orientation with the ability to move fast.
- Deep comfort with cross functional collaboration and leadership through influence.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven success in a startup or other fast-changing environment a plus.
- A passion for Alto’s mission and values!
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.