Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
Our more than 1000 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: improving the quality of life for everyone who needs it. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
To achieve our vision, we continue to invest in our Data Science & Analytics team to make a difference to our patients and providers. The Analytics team supports our Product, Growth, Marketing, Care, Supply Chain, and Operations teams with insights on better product development and execution to have maximum impact.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial individual to join our team and support our growth efforts into our emerging health plans vertical. This individual will work closely with our Health Plans leadership - specifically, the General Manager, Health Plans and the Director of Enterprise to drive high-quality and data-driven decisions. Serving health plans is a top priority for Alto Pharmacy - it provides the ability for Alto to reach more patients and improve the combined patient, provider and payor experience. This individual will work across Alto’s data warehouse and within health plan datasets to extract insights on adherence, drug classifications and patient populations. This individual will also provide insights for root-cause problem solving as we stand up our clinical operations.
- Perform in-depth analysis on our pharmacy, patient-facing, and provider-facing products to drive key product decisions
- Support health plan product development by identifying opportunities and quantifying impact of product launches through A/B experimentation and measurement.
- Design, implement, and launch dashboards using SQL to measure the success of our product initiatives.
- Be a critical thought partner and collaborate closely with Product, Research, Engineering, Growth, and Operations to provide visibility and recommend solutions to drive meaningful impact to our patients, providers and payors
- Ensure data accuracy and reporting consistency by identifying and implementing data analysis best practices.
- Contribute to defining our team and company data culture through peer collaboration, coaching, and input into the team processes we adopt as we grow the Analytics team together.
- Embody Alto’s mission and values - Patients Come First, Leave No Patient Behind, Start With Empathy, Focus On Impact, Think Rigorously, Be Humble.
- Expert fluency in SQL-based data manipulation. Experience in scripting with SQL, extracting large sets of data, and design of ETL flows.
- BA/BS or Master's degree in a quantitative field such as; Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Science.
- At least 2 years of work experience in an analytics or technical role, using SQL regularly to analyze data and provide insights.
- Closely partner with business, product, engineering, research and design to influence and inform teammates’ decisions throughout the product lifecycle.
- High level of comfort creating dashboards in Looker/Tableau or comparable software.
- High level of comfort working Salesforce.com, specifically Health Cloud
- Passionate about solving real user problems with data-driven solutions.
- Thrive in a dynamic fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. You're unafraid to dive into an unfamiliar problem but humble enough to make mistakes and iterate.
Nice To Haves:
- Prior experience working with health plans
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.