Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
As a Product Designer on the design systems team at Alto Pharmacy, you will help build the connective thread that enables product teams to rapidly design and build a consistent user experience and interface across our platform by providing: components, frameworks, documentation, and tooling. This is a unique position to have a huge impact on how our new brand manifests in our consumer, physician, and internal products. You will be working closely with the rest of the design and platform teams to build out a world class design system.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Help build design systems at Alto for our 3 audiences - patients, physicians, and pharmacy operations
- Drive the evolution of Alto’s visual language and interaction pattern library
- Manage implementation of the design system into the product ecosystem
- Design and define interaction patterns through components, documentation, and prototypes
- Work with developers to maintain and create new components for our library
- Directly partner and support Alto product designers in utilizing and contributing to the design system
- Participate in user research and testing as needed to ensuring usability and product consistency
- Create work that scales and flexes across a variety of audiences, abilities, devices, and platforms
- Build and maintain documentation for the design system that enables designer and developers to use the design system
A bit about you:
- Have 4+ years of product design experience with user experience and visual design
- Have experience working on either complex enterprise software or consumer software; working across multiple platforms including web, Android, and iOS
- Have a portfolio showcasing the successful implementation of design systems that: are usable by all stakeholders; has strong documentation; shows a strong link between brand and product; demonstrate meticulous attention to interaction patterns and visual design
- Take a systematic approach to designing for consumer-facing and enterprise digital products
- Have an obsessive attention to details and fundamentals of interaction and visual design
- Have experience considering all abilities in your design system and have developed systems with accessibility best practices
- Preferred - 1+ years experience in designing and managing design systems for both consumer facing and enterprise facing products.
- Preferred - Have a BFA or MFA in interaction, graphic, industrial design, or related fields
Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally
To apply, we require a strong portfolio that showcases your breadth and depth of experience. Please supply a link to your portfolio with your application.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.