Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
Our Customer Success team is responsible for ensuring that Alto delivers a best-in-class experience for practitioners who work at our partner clinics and their patients. The Provider Success Specialist (similar to Customer Success Manager / Account Manager) will focus on facilitating the continued growth of their Alto relationship. As a strategic contributor to the Alto Growth team, you will dramatically accelerate adoption of Alto by:
- Becoming the subject matter expert about clinics within your market, acting as their partner for day-to-day needs , and introducing Alto to their patients.
- Developing a point-of-view on how we can deepen Alto’s relationship with clinics by improving existing processes and encouraging use of our clinic-facing AltoMD technology platform
- Serving as the operational Voice of the Customer within Alto, coordinating with the Growth Team and other functions as necessary
Accelerate your Career as You:
Clinic & Patient-Facing
- Spend at least 50% of time in the field
- Confidently communicate Alto's value proposition directly to providers and patients, both in-person and remotely
- Teach, train, and empower new clinic users from your market on the AltoMD platform and Alto processes
- Confidently communicate how Alto addresses common pain points encountered by clinic back-office procedures
- Facilitate the resolution of any internal workflow needs to ensure that clinics consider Alto their preferred pharmacy partner
- Troubleshoot prescriptions by engaging directly with doctors offices, patients, and insurance companies as needed
- Work closely with doctors offices to manage refill requests, prior authorizations, and coverage determinations
- Partner closely with other members of the Growth Team, including Partnership Managers (Sales) and Onboarding Specialists
- Facilitate resolution of prescription issues by triaging to appropriate cross-functional teams
- Document and track clinic issues, feedback, and requests - escalating as needed
- Work cross-functionally to design relevant solutions for roadblocks with clinic adoption
- Develop and implement initiatives to increase Alto engagement and retention
- Provide Voice of the Customer feedback to Product & Engineering
A Bit About You:
- 3+ years of frontline customer service/support experience, preferably in a rapidly growing start-up
- 2+ years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician (CPhT), working a patient facing role in a high-volume pharmacy
- Exceptional knowledge of commercial and government insurance and how to troubleshoot claims; comfortable w/ end to end management of prior auths and appeals a bonus
- Experience engaging and retaining strategic customers or vendors
- Friendly disposition and outstanding customer service skills
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience strongly preferred
- Pharmacy Operations experience a plus
- A passion for Alto’s mission and values
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-directed problem solver with experience developing and improving processes
- Willing to travel
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Reading English, comprehending, and following simple oral and written instructions.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer or phone that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Environmental Conditions: occasional exposure to low temperatures or high temperatures, outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind, and noisy environments.
- Occasionally ascending or descending stairs, ramps and the like.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks and/or moving from one worksite to another.
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 20 pounds in all directions.
- Operating motor vehicles.
- Occasional sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.