Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
The Ops Finance team is an embedded, trusted advisor to all operations departments at Alto including Patient Care, Fulfillment and Delivery. The team plays a key role in not just managing all financial aspects of our operations but also closely partnering with departmental leadership to support the business in process improvement projects, performance reporting, and in general “anything with a number” that the business may need. We proactively identify risks and opportunities, drive solutions to complex problems, and collaborate cross-functionally to ensure our stakeholders remain well informed and effective decision-makers. You’ll also demonstrate the ability to be hands-on in defining and implementing best practices that enhance the overall teams’ capabilities, conduct detailed analyses of the operational and financial metrics of the business, and partner with team members across the organization to achieve the team’s goals. This role can sit in either our Denver, CO or Plano, TX locations.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Join the Fulfillment and Delivery Finance efforts at Alto, becoming an expert in your business partners’ functions and a trusted advisor
- Build and own detailed variable cost and labor models for our Fulfillment and Delivery operations
- Partner with the business to meet operational reporting requirements that drive the business including employee productivity and service levels as needed
- Work with departmental leadership and operational excellence to model the impact and track the progress of process improvement initiatives
- Partner with accounting to ensure tight interlock in managing variable and fixed cost planning
- Partner cross-functionally to understand how changes in Sales, Patient Care, Fulfillment and Delivery work together to deliver an excellent patient experience and achieve our financial goals
- Continuously improve our tools and infrastructure to allow for better decision-making and help us transition into a mature enterprise
- Own special projects / ad hoc analyses - constant change will bring new ideas, initiatives, products, risks, and opportunities that you will assess and drive
A bit about you:
- 2+ years of experience in an operations or sales focused finance role in a start-up or established company environment
- Strong business partnering skills
- Excellent Excel / financial modeling skills. Best practices are second-nature, you can handle complexity but strive for simplicity
- Experience working with manual and automated forecasting and reporting tools in Excel and systems like Looker or Tableau
- Understanding of enterprise-level financial and accounting systems and processes
- Experience in a call center or customer service environment
- Ability to distill complex analyses and nuanced problems into simple, logical frameworks with concrete action plans
- Proven success managing budgets for major functional areas and senior leadership within an organization
- Experienced user of analytics and visualization tools like Looker and Tableau, advanced Google Suite skills
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 (can vary by position, office managers for example may be expected to lift more) pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Salary Range: $75,650.00 - $89,000.00
Commission Eligible: No
Equity Eligible: Full-time - Yes.
Benefits: Full-time: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Group Life, AD&D, Employer paid STD/LTD, generous PTO and parental leave. Part-time: 401k, generous PTO. PRN: Sick time accrual.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.