Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
The Patients team’s mission is to build the full-stack experience for Alto Patients, presenting a painless, clear, and trustworthy experience in an otherwise complex and stressful part of their lives. We are a cross-functional team that moves fast in both product innovation and technical excellence, living the Alto value of Patients Come First everyday.
Accelerate Your Career as You
As a Senior Engineering Manager on the Patients team you will support a group of 5-12 engineers working in web (React), mobile app (React Native), and backend (Rails, Go) stacks. You will:
- Partner closely with your Product Management, Design, Data Science, and Marketing peers to plan and execute on high impact roadmaps
- Grow and build the team through recruiting and team-member career development
- Drive technical innovation by helping define and advance our architecture and frameworks
- Collaborate closely with Platform, Infrastructure, and other product teams to uncover and address barriers to high quality product development
A Bit About You
- 5+ years of experience writing production code, preferably in an app context (web or mobile)
- 2+ years of engineering management experience
- Track record of Product Engineering leadership in direct-to-consumer experiences
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with cross-functional peers to drive metrics-based results
- Demonstrated ability building and communicating a vision for a mission-oriented team
- Demonstrated ability coaching and mentoring senior engineers
- Experience leading teams that make heavy use of experimentation to evaluate and guide success
- Experience leading teams innovating in digital consumer growth: signups, onboarding, activation
- Experience managing high-growth, rapidly maturing code bases
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.