Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the team
Alto Pharmacists work cross-functionally across operations, engineering, and design teams to build a better, more intuitive community pharmacy from the ground up. We focus on challenges that patients, providers, and payers face, and find solutions that optimize experience, transparency, and health outcomes.We are a fast-moving company with many moving parts, and here you'll have an open invitation to help steer the future of Alto as we work towards expanding.
Alto is looking for a Staff Pharmacist with an entrepreneurial spirit who wants to help shape the future of the industry. You'll work with a team in a dynamic environment where you will need to make decisions quickly while focusing on our success metrics.
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Review content and accuracy of drug packaging and labeling.
- Review for completeness and accuracy of new and refill prescriptions.
- Assist in the proper ordering, handling, receiving, documentation, storage and inventory management of all medications including controlled substances
- You will have the opportunity to collaborate and cross train with different departments across the company to accommodate business needs
- Production driven role with opportunity to provide service to walk in patients
A Bit About You:
- A graduate of Howard University College of Pharmacy, class of 2021
- Can select between any of the following locations:
- New York City, NY
- Lewisville, Dallas TX
- Bellaire, Houston TX
- Denver, CO
- Las Vegas, NV
- Bellevue, Seattle, WA
- Irvine, CA
- Culver City, CA
- San Jose, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- Will be licensed by the Board of Pharmacy
- Eager to measure and improve accuracy and productivity
- Resourceful and have creative ideas on what needs to change in the industry
- Committed to continuous improvement
- Passionate about improving the patient experience
- Can make quick and thoughtful decisions
- 1+ year of intern experience in a community/long term care pharmacy setting
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Prolonged periods of standing and bending.
- Lift, carry, and /or push/pull various items (bags, boxes, carts, etc.) while using proper technique.
- Lift up to 35lbs. from floor to chest level, and lift and carry up to 35 lbs. at waist height a reasonable distance.
- Sit or stand up a majority of work days (8-10 hours) or sit for long periods of time depending on the needs of the pharmacy operation and call center.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.