Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Role:
As a member of the patient care team, you will help to ensure we continue to improve all aspects of fertility billing operations at Alto, make us as efficient and effective as possible, while providing a superior patient experience. You clearly understand the current state of our processes and then develop the right processes and products to move our business forward toward perfection. You partner cross-functionally to identify problems and opportunities, identify root causes, and prioritize implementation of solutions for fertility billing, working with Product / Engineering to get cutting edge solutions to our associates and customers. You facilitate Change Management throughout the improvement lifecycle.
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Ensure adherence to billing SW to drive accurate, timely, and efficient billing practices
- Provide coaching and feedback to drive performance improvement and a superior patient and provider experience
- Drive achievement of key billing rate and quality KPIs, and identify opportunities for improvement
- Collaborate with leads, SMEs, Ops Excellence, PA team and provider success to design and implement strategic process improvements to increase patient and provider satisfaction with Alto’s benefits investigation process, and reduce the cost to serve
- Report out on results from projects and team initiatives
- Prepare presentations and project plans as appropriate
- Operationalize initiatives, collaborating with pod leadership, training, quality, product, and other teams as needed
- Communicate changes to team, solicit team feedback, iterate, report out
- Manage creation of new and updates to existing Standard Work
- Manage the team of billing specialists responsible for processing fertility patient cash deals, insurance, including outbound calls to the PBM or preferred pharmacy
- Elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of stakeholders, be they patients or providers
- Support Senior Director in the operational management of cross functional projects / initiatives - be that facilitating meetings, translating feedback into action plans, and owning Change Management and project management type activities
A Bit About You:
- Solid understanding of Alto Care Operations processes, or ability to learn in short period of time (<3 months)
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate effectively with cross-functional stakeholders and management (to include Director to VP level individuals), and influence using data and facts.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills, to include data analytics
- Ability to utilize Data to tell a compelling story
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, through all forms (SOP, SW, eMail, Slides, etc.)
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated experience effectively working in a team-oriented, collaborative/matrixed environment
- Pharmacy Technician
- Understanding of work flow in Wunderbar
- 3-5 years of supervisory or management experience
- 3-5 years of billing and benefits investigations experience, preferably fertility
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: extensive reading, viewing a computer terminal, transcribing spoken/written speech, and reviewing or analyzing data and figures.
- Communicating with others to exchange information via phone, video conference, and other modes of communication. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required.
Salary Range: $74,630.00 - $87,800.00
Commission Eligible: No
Equity Eligible: Yes
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Group Life, AD&D, Employer paid STD/LTD, generous PTO and parental leave.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.