Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
As Senior Manager Fulfillment Automation and Design, you will work cross-functionally across operations, engineering, analytics and design teams to build a better, more intuitive community pharmacy from the ground up. You will lead efforts in evaluating automation vendors and partner with product and engineering for integration with Alto software. You are crucial in decreasing costs and increasing efficiency. We are a fast-moving company with many moving parts, and here you'll have an open invitation to help steer the future of Alto as we work towards expanding. You'll work with a team in a dynamic environment where you will need to make decisions quickly while focusing on our success metrics.
Accelerate your career as you:
- As the Senior Manager, Fulfillment Design and Automation, you will be tasked with leading large capital investments for new pharmacy automation systems. You should have an understanding of fulfillment operations and how automation can provide value in a non-retail facing environment.
- Execute Project Management for the overall strategy and implementation: plan, coordinate, and direct internal and external teams to achieve project success. Meet or Exceed stakeholder expectations for cost, schedule, and quality.
- Translate operational and business objectives into automation solutions. Ensure final solution meets or exceeds return on investment.
- Execute vendor selection processes by choosing the relevant criteria (Quality, Cost, Timing, Implementation Ability,, etc).
- Management of third-party vendors and engineering firms.
- Become a subject matter expert on technologies being implemented. Integrated solutions may include automated fill machines, robots, conveyors and other relevant solutions.
- Serve as the central point of contact between stakeholders. Effectively communicate with executive leadership, stakeholders, team members, affected departments, and site employees.
- Project manage progress of external, internal IT, product and engineering teams.
- Monitor project progress, identify and resolve potential project delays and risks.
- Prepare and execute a thorough and timely plan for acceptance testing (FAT).
- Oversee user acceptance testing execution.
- Monitor fulfillment of contract requirements to ensure quality and timeliness of vendor deliverables.
- Design, specification and documentation of automation systems
- Creation of functional descriptions and programming of applications
- Evaluate options and make recommendations to leadership
A bit about you:
BA or BS in Engineering or related field
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- 5+ years’ experience leading pharmacy (or warehouse) automation projects
- Hands on experiences working with the design, programming, and implementation aspects of industrial controls and automation
- Practical experience working with multiple automation systems
- Ability to diagnose and solve issues related to software and hardware for controls and automation
- Experience selecting vendors for automation solutions
Knowledge and Experience Preferred:
- Knowledge of select vendors in the pharmacy automation industry
- Strong analytics and communications background
- Ability to perform business requirement analysis
- Ability to create return on investment analysis
- Ability to identify and recommend operations improvement opportunities to meet ongoing business requirements
- Knowledge of methods to integrate automation to an ERP
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.