Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
As a Senior Operations Manager - Last Mile Delivery, you are passionate about delivery operations and doing whatever it takes to deliver prescription medicines on time to our patients. You will be managing a team of regional managers, dispatchers and couriers who make thousands of deliveries on a daily basis. You thrive in fast-paced work environments and have developed ways of dealing with stressful situations. You are comfortable with manipulating data to generate insights and business recommendations. You are eager to identify and own continuous improvement across our business.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Own day-day delivery operations across all of Alto’s delivery business
- Own driver performance management and adherence to SLAs
- Develop and drive standard work for our dispatch team
- Own strategic initiatives that enable Alto to reach our growth, profitability, and best-in-class customer service goals
- Drive quantitative and qualitative analyses to inform actionable insights and recommendations such as labor planning by market for every day/shift
- Translate recommendations to results by executing on action plans and project managing
A bit about you:
- 3+ years of people management experience
- 8+ years of work experience across logistics, fulfillment operations, process improvement, investment banking, consulting, business intelligence or related experience
- Expert using SQL and Excel regularly to analyze data and provide insights. Mathematics or statistics background (preferred, not required)
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously while focused on execution and results
- Familiar with improvement methodologies (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, PDSA, Process Entitlement, etc), and will be able to distill what you’ve learned into improvement that you can drive in our business
- You’re able to lead others from ambiguity to clarity
- You are able to clearly socialize ideas to employees at all levels
- You are deeply passionate about solving real user problems with data-driven solutions
- Experience in healthcare
- Experience in a hyper-growth environment
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
- 25% Travel Requirement
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.