Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
The Alto Providers team is responsible for all of the tools that deliver unique value to our providers, including web and mobile applications. Our goal is to help providers overcome insurance obstacles to improve patient health outcomes. You’ll work closely with product and design to translate complex business workflows into delightful product experiences and build the world class modern pharmacy experience.
Example projects include:
- Automate a key insurance workflow, saving time for our operations staff and creating a hassle-free experience for our providers
- Build notification “working hours” into our mobile application so providers can choose when we contact them, making it easier to integrate a work app on a personal device
- Extract our web client from the monolith, reducing deploy times and giving us greater freedom over our tools and patterns
Accelerate your career as you:
- Collaborate with cross functional peers to define and implement complex features
- Evolve our team culture and processes through collaboration, participation in sprint rituals and retros, and mentorship
- Focus on scaling and automating our existing services and delivering high impact features for our Pharmacy Operations team
A bit about you:
- 2+ years of software engineering experience in a production environment
- Are proficient in one or more backend programming languages. (At Alto, we mainly use Ruby on Rails and Go on the backend with ReactJS on the frontend, but experience with these specific languages is not required.)
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving that’s biased towards patient and business impact
- A strong sense of ownership over your work and a desire to uplevel your peers
- Passion for Alto’s mission and our company values
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.