Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
The People Team at Alto is empowered to innovate the future of our people strategies.You will prioritize simple & awesome Altoid experiences designed to make employees work day easier. You will build deep partnerships with our HR leadership team and champion enthusiastic new ways operations and technology can advance our Altoid experience.
About the Role
As a member of the HR Leadership Team, reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Director of Total Rewards will be a key strategic partner to the Alto leadership team and board of directors. This is an opportunity to design, develop and implement a total rewards philosophy, architecture and mindset across a high-growth company that is fundamentally changing and challenging existing paradigms in the healthcare technology industry.
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Lead the design, implementation and administration of all Total Rewards programs fo Alto’s workforce rangings from Software Engineers, Pharmacists, Sales to Care Specialists.
- With access to Radford data, maintain and over time evolve our job architecture, career paths and global compensation strategy for the organization
- Collaborate with Business leaders, HR Business Partners and People Operations to support and advise managers on compensation-related activities
- Extend our compensation structures and help determine where we should position relative to the market across all global territories
- Partner with HR and management to develop effective promotion and retention strategies
- Provide internal support for HR and line management on all issues related to the Alto’s compensation programs
- Design and deliver training program on compensation philosophy and framework
- Provide leadership to employees, managers, and business units to ensure that compensation programs are understood by all
- Manage holistic compensation & equity program, including annual refreshes
- Partner with our finance team, as well as support current and former employees where needed with the options exercise process
- Partner closely with recruiting to offer competitive compensation and hire top talent
- Lead direction on market analysis and job profile insights for new and existing roles including executive roles
- Develop compensation policies for exempt and non-exempt employees; evaluate and revise programs based on changes in business strategy, policy direction, and trend analysis
- Partner with our Benefits broker to refine, expand and increase competitiveness of our benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Financial, Well Being) offerings
- Administer benefits programs including employee inquiry, maintain compliance and partner with Payroll and other functions to ensure proper deductions and contributions
- Keep our retirement benefits programs, partners and educate altoids on offerings
- Work with large amounts of data and build tools to streamline the process
- Manage outsourced programs and vendor relationships for compensation packages to ensure these programs meet employee needs; identify cost savings opportunities
- Ensure that corporate compensation policies adhere to local and federal standards and guidelines; remain abreast of trends and developments in laws or regulations that apply to compensation and total rewards
- Build and maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics and monitor the integrity and validity of the data reported
- Stay up-to-date on current compensation-related legislation to ensure compliance with applicable employment-related federal and state statutory requirements regarding employee pay
A Bit About You:
- Minimum of 8+ years experience in a Compensation and Benefits role within high-growth organizations
- Understanding of various local and federal employment laws and their impact on HR matters
- High EQ, cultural awareness and compassion
- Familiarity with analytics, and a capability to pull data from various systems, organize and aggregate the data and provide insightful analysis and insights into trends
- Naturally curious. Always seeking to learn more and to improve on/streamline processes and programs
- Motivated. Manages challenging issues to closure; helps managers build high-performing teams
- Tenacity and ability to build from scratch are imperative
- Proven track record of identifying people problems and using strategic skills to drive and influence appropriate solutions
- Knowledge of stock grants and vesting a plus!
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.