Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Role
Alto is looking for a Head of Communications to join our growing marketing team. As our first hire in this role, you will develop and lead our corporate communications function, including internal, corporate, and consumer communications, working closely with a cross-functional team spanning executive leadership, marketing, HR and legal.
As our ideal candidate, you are passionate about building Alto’s brand and comfortable switching between the big picture and the small, but important, details. You’re curious, engaged, and comfortable with change. You bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every project you tackle, and you lead from a place of accountability and quality. Most importantly, you’re excited to join Alto and bring our transformative pharmacy model to life. If you thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment, are quick to take initiative, and can synthesize complexity into simple but compelling storytelling, let’s chat.
As our first head of communications, you will develop and lead our corporate communications function, including internal, corporate, and consumer communications.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Build brand awareness and understanding of Alto with our target audience, through gaining media coverage and raising our visibility via key speaking opportunities, awards, and other tactics.
- Partner with key leaders to drive all corporate communications, including company announcements, executive communication, and crisis response.
- Partner with HR and Legal teams to support any official internal communications to our team of about 1,000 spread across several offices and many states.
- Serve as the company’s spokesperson on select issues
A bit about you:
- 15 years in public relations and/or corporate communications
- Range of experience from legal and regulatory issues, to brand-building initiatives
- World-class verbal and written communications skills
- Sufficient business-savvy to guide strategies and communications around complex financial, legal, and regulatory issues
- Experience at a public company
- Experience training and preparing executives for speaking engagements and interviews
- Personal relationships with key gatekeepers: reporters, editors, conference organizers
- Experience at a top-tier consumer brand, working on brand-building functions
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.