Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
As the Fertility Billing Specialist you’ll be a key leader in our benefits investigation efforts. The specialist will be single minded in their push to define best-in-class benefits investigation, driving patient and provider satisfaction, while ensuring efficient use of team resources. You will strive to increase bill team productivity and effectiveness, insurance processing accuracy, and clear communication with patients and other third parties. Key responsibilities will include ensuring high billing accuracy, defining and continuously updating billing standard work, and work with cross-functional teams including the prior authorizations team, product, training, and others to achieve business goals.
You will define and launch new processes, and ensure adherence by our team. The role will drive improvements to the patient experience, drive improvements to the operational workflow, implement standard work guidelines, and own people development across your team.
Our mission at Alto is to be the world’s most patient-centric pharmacy, where patients receive the care they deserve. We are building the best pharmacy for everybody, everywhere. You are passionate about our mission and have the desire to shape the future of pharmacy. You thrive in ambiguity and see this as an opportunity to forge the best path. You are a problem solver, identify patterns and issues, and implement solutions. You are an inspiring and organized leader that truly values the impact Alto’s work makes on our patients. You always put the patient first.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Up to 30% time on front lines billing and investigating benefits
- Identifies and advocates for fertility insurance billing and benefits investigation best practices
- Ensure adherence to SW to drive accurate, timely, and efficient billing practices
- Provide coaching and feedback to drive performance improvement
- Collaborate with leads, SMEs, Ops Excellence, and provider success to design and implement strategic process improvements to increase patient and provider satisfaction with Alto’s benefits investigation process, and reduce the cost to serve
- Operationalize initiatives, collaborating with pod leadership, training, quality, product, and other teams as needed
- Communicate changes to team, solicit team feedback, iterate, report out
- Manage creation of new and updates to existing Standard Work
A bit about you:
- 3-5 years fertility benefits investigation or billing experience
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: extensive reading, viewing a computer terminal, transcribing spoken/written speech, and reviewing or analyzing data and figures.
- Communicating with others to exchange information via phone, video conference, and other modes of communication. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required.
Salary Range: $51,000.00 - $60,000.00
Commission Eligible: No
Equity Eligible: Yes
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Group Life, AD&D, Employer paid STD/LTD, generous PTO and parental leave.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.