Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
Alto is a digital pharmacy that provides customers with access to medication by scheduling delivery to their home or office the same day, seven days a week. Mattieu Gamache-Asselin and Jamie Karraker co-founded Alto (formerly ScriptDash) in 2015 with the mission to improve people’s lives by bridging the gap between doctors, insurance companies, and patients. They brought together expertise across technology and healthcare to successfully build and grow the platform, providing an extraordinary caring pharmacy experience for patients.
Alto now has over 800 employees across multiple locations servicing the San Francisco Bay area, Los Angeles and Orange County, San Diego, Sacramento, the Denver-Boulder Metro area, Las Vegas, and Seattle.
Alto has raised over $350MM from investors including Softbank, Greenoaks Capital, Jackson Square Ventures, and Justin Kan and is well positioned for rapid growth over the next few years, with a clear path to becoming a multibillion-dollar enterprise.
For additional detail please visit: https://alto.com/
Accelerate your career as you:
The Director of Tax & Treasury will be responsible for leading the tax and treasury functions and associated compliance requirements. Being both strategic and hands-on, the Director of Tax & Treasury will position Alto for future growth as well as run the day-to-day operations. Responsible for tax strategy and execution, he or she will ensure best practices in tax planning and compliance. As Treasurer, this individual will ensure adequate tactical and strategic liquidity and prudent investment of surplus cash balances.
- In charge of all tax matters for the company, including being aware of and considering the impact of new tax developments
- Completing quarterly and year-end income tax provisions in accordance with US GAAP
- Managing corporate income tax compliance
- Supporting and developing tax strategies and implementing (as needed) appropriate corporate legal structures and inter-company arrangements
- Preparing routine tax filings (sales/use tax, property taxes, etc.) and managing outside tax providers
- Understanding the Company’s business and monitoring transactions to identify potential areas of tax risk or tax opportunity
- Ensuring an internal control environment is in place that will comply with future SOX 404 compliance
- Managing treasury needs generally
- Participating in credit facility negotiations and manage debt covenant compliance (as applicable)
- Managing corporate cash, including strategic advice around selection and monitoring of domestic banks used for day-to-day corporate purposes
- Create investment policy and monitor cash, money market and other short-term investments to ensure compliance
- Managing and administering relationships with insurance brokers and insurers; ensuring appropriate insurance coverage for all corporate risks
A bit about you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business required, Master’s Degree in Business Administration a plus.
- CPA or equivalent experience, with previous tax and operational finance experience within hyper growth companies
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Minimum 2 years of public company experience preferred
- Experience at a fast-growing, publicly listed $500M+ revenue company preferred
- Combination of Big 4 and corporate experience
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: extensive reading, viewing a computer terminal, transcribing spoken/written speech, and reviewing or analyzing data and figures.
- Communicating with others to exchange information via phone, video conference, and other modes of communication. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.