Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
- Our Total Rewards team is dedicated to ensuring our Altoids (current and potential) feel valued, starting from their new hire offer through their entire experience at Alto. We are looking for a passionate Compensation Partner for the company.. In this role, you draw from big picture thinking to deliver pragmatic and creative compensation programs balancing business and Altoid needs.
About the Role
You will participate in the development of strategy and lead the compensation strategy, process and administration for Altoids ranging a wide variety of roles and value propositions including Software Engineers to Pharmacists to Attorneys to Couriers to Process Analysts.
- Lead cyclical compensation work including market benchmarking reviews, budget management, compensation planning, recognition programs, offer review, retention exercises, analyses, etc.
- Design and lead Compensation programs and administration of our quarterly compensation processes across Alto
- Advise and educate Altoids, Leaders, HRBPs and recruiters about our compensation philosophy (including base, variable and equity compensation) as well as cyclical and ad-hoc compensation programs.
- Proactively monitor internal and external trends, relevant pay legislation and competitive market intelligence, anticipating and navigating the potential impact to our pay philosophy and practices, including our equal pay work.
- Partner and collaborate closely with key team members in your client group to understand needs and prioritize accordingly. Provide compensation insights to support strategic decisions.
A Bit About You:
- You are instinctive enough to anticipate critical business opportunities, scrappy enough to resolve reactive or operational items quickly, and savvy enough to work with all levels in the organization
- You demonstrate assertiveness, maturity, leadership, fortitude, creativity, influence, and the ability to be both strategic and executional.
- You are a subject matter expert and know when to pull in the perspectives of the broader team
- You want to make a difference, especially in healthcare technology, and are motivated by the role compensation plays in attracting and retaining Altoids
- You are motivated by complexity and challenges; you are energized by fast paced evolving environments
- You thrive off of working with smart, creative people that challenge you to perform at a higher level and draw the best out of you;
- You have a high learning agility, are comfortable in ambiguity and can pull relevant components out of complex situations to connect the dots and make sound decisions
- You have 8+ years of work experience, including 5+ years in HR Operations/Total Rewards.
- You have a proven track record of building credible relationships with most senior levels of an organization (VP+) and influencing leadership.
- You have experience with design and administration of Compensation and Benefits programs. And extensive knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods and financial modeling.
- You are fully versed with Workday: HCM, Benefits, and Performance as well as Advanced Compensation.
- You have experience analyzing and reporting out on HR analytics, and experience with design and implementation of HRIS platforms.
- You have excellent communication, people and project management skills, and you are excellent at analytical, technical, problem-solving, written and oral communication skills.
- You demonstrated ability to quickly understand business drivers and cultural/organizational dynamics and lead effective organizational diagnosis to understand the root causes of issues.
- You have a strong attention to detail, are well organized, and have good time-management skills.
- High degree of personal and professional credibility, including responsiveness, and business focus.
- A Strong communicator and influencer regarding complex Total Rewards and Benefits topics
- You’ll thrive in a highly collaborative team environment and enjoy partnering with Talent Operations partners and Business Partners globally to drive compensation programs
- You have prior experience with a mix of startups and mature organizations, and even experience supporting a company through private to public transitions
- You are familiarity with Greenhouse ATS, ADP, Lattice and PlanSource
- You are a professional with Workday certification(s) (Absence, Advanced Comp)
- You have a strong/proficient experience with Microsoft Excel
- You possess project management experience
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.